Friday, July 24, 2009

Take a bite out of Hulu

If you Hulu, the 1991 remake of Dark Shadows is available to watch free, all twelve episodes. I've never seen the original, and I did like this version. Hey, Ben Cross did it for me back then.

I discovered this when I was in the middle of writing my first vampire romance, so it was fascinating to see a romantic vampire on the screen.

What are your favorite vampire TV series, new or classic?


My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

I was such a fan of Dark Shadows are a very small child, scared myself so bad watching Barnabas Collins sip from unsuspecting necks. I knew they had made a re-make of the series, but never had to opportunity to watch the new series. I loved Mick St. John and Josep Kostan in Moonlight, a show cancelled well before it's time. Blood Ties was excellent as well, but not readily available in all areas. I loved Buffy and Angel, and although they played a smaller role than in the books, The Dresden Files. Currently my hot pick is True Blood, love Eric.

Michelle G said...

I remember watching the original Dark Shadows as a child - loved it. I thought they did a pretty good job on the remake as well. Now I hear something about a movie with Johnny Depp playing Barnabas and Tim Burton directing....that should be different.

I enjoyed Blood Ties, Buffy, and Angel - but my favorite was Kindred. Now True Blood is my 'must see' tv. :)


Melissa said...

I don't remember Dark Shadows....I might have to watch these. I LOVED Buffy, but my favorite all time Vamp movie was Lost Boys. I have seen it SO many times, but still watch it every chance I get.

Karin said...

I thought HULU was a Hawaiian vacation or something! Isn't BING a cherry? I guess I am getting a little behind in technology. Anyway, I remember Dark Shadows and will have to figure out how to get to Hawaii to see it again :>)

Roxanne Rhoads said...

I loved Buffy and Angel of course but Blood Ties was a really great show I wish had never been cancelled.

I also thought Kindred was really great back in the day. I would have loved to see that go farther, it was too bad the main vamp was killed in real life. I don't know if that is why the show ended or not.

Erica Hayes said...

Kindred was luscious, glossy and beautiful. I loved that show!

I also have a secret weakness for Forever Knight :) If they made FK today (instead of in the prudish early nineties) it would really kick ass!