Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Coming soon...


Something to drool over until it's release date in February.  First Drop Of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost.  Is this not a gorgeous cover?  Such a sexy, yet dangerous look on the man's face.  We're reading this one for Bite Club in February!  For larger pic see Jeaniene's blog.  Here's the back cover blurb:

The night is not safe for mortals. Denise MacGregor knows all too well what lurks in the shadows - her best friend is half-vampire Cat Crawfield - and she has already lost more than the average human could bear. But her family's dark past is wrapped in secrets and shrouded in darkness - and a demon shapeshifter has marked Denise as prey. Now her survival depends on an immortal who craves a taste of her.

He is Spade, a powerful, mysterious vampire who has walked the earth for centuries and is now duty-bound to protect this endangered, alluring human - even if it means destroying his own kind. Denise may arouse his deepest hungers, but Spade knows he must fight his urge to have her as they face the demon nightmare together...

Because once the first drop of crimson falls, they will both be lost.


Have you read Jeanine's NIGHT HUNTRESS series?  FIRST DROP OF CRIMSON is set in the Night Huntress world featuring a 'spin-off' character Spade (a.k.a. Charles) as the main character.

10 comments:

ParaJunkee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Daelith said...

Love the cover of this book.

Anna Dougherty said...

I have all of Jeanine's Night Huntress series- buy them as soon as they hit the shelves, read them in one giant marathon, and wish endlessly for the next one! Cat and Bones have one of the best relationships I have ever read. So intense and beautiful. I cannot wait for this spin off because Spade is a fabulous character and so insanely HOT! I love that the cover is different from the cat and Bones books because it sets the tone for a new story arc.

Michele Hauf said...

It's interesting if you click on the links you can see the stepback cover as well, and they were going to use that other pic of just the woman as the actual cover. I'm glad they decided to switch them! The man's look alone sells the book!

Jessica Lee said...

Wow, Fantastic cover! And the blurd doesn't sound half bad either. Just might have to add this one to my TBR pile when it's released. Very intriguing.

Alicia0605 said...

I cannot wait to read Spades story. I have been looking forward to it coming out. I like the cover but I like the Night Huntress series covers better.

Linda Henderson said...

I have not read any of this series, it sounds great.

Nicole_Hadaway said...

That is an awesome cover -- he's very handsome and tempting!

Moonsanity said...

Is it geeky to admit I've read them all three times now? I love Bones and Cat. Spade and Denise are going to be awesome!

booklover0226 said...

I've heard a lot of good things about Jeanine's Night Huntress series; I'm obviously missing out on something.

I look forward in reading that and First Drop of Crimson.

Thanks,
Tracey D