Sunday, October 11, 2009



This one looks like fun...  NIGHTLIGHT: A Parody by The Harvard Lampoon

About three things I was absolutely certain. First, Edwart was most likely my soul mate, maybe. Second, there was a vampire part of him–which I assumed was wildly out of his control–that wanted me dead. And third, I unconditionally, irrevocably, impenetrably, heterogeneously, gynecologically, and disreputably wished he had kissed me. 


And thus Belle Goose falls in love with the mysterious and sparkly Edwart Mullen in the Harvard Lampoon’s hilarious send-up of Twilight.

Pale and klutzy, Belle arrives in Switchblade, Oregon looking for adventure, or at least an undead classmate. She soon discovers Edwart, a super-hot computer nerd with zero interest in girls. After witnessing a number of strange events–Edwart leaves his tater tots untouched at lunch! Edwart saves her from a flying snowball!–Belle has a dramatic revelation: Edwart is a vampire. But how can she convince Edwart to bite her and transform her into his eternal bride, especially when he seems to find girls so repulsive?

Complete with romance, danger, insufficient parental guardianship, creepy stalker-like behavior, and a vampire prom, Nightlight is the uproarious tale of a vampire-obsessed girl, looking for love in all the wrong places. 






"Castle" Halloween episode titled "Vampire Weekend".  Here's the summary:  “As Halloween approaches, Castle and Beckett are called to a graveyard where the body of a young man sporting vampire fangs has been discovered with a wooden stake driven through his heart. Their investigation takes them deep into the heart of New York’s underground Vampire Fetish Community, where they learn that the secret motive for the victim’s murder may be hiding within the pages of the graphic novel he was writing before his death.”

6 comments:

Jenna Alexander said...

I probably won’t read Nightlight but it sounds super funny. I love it the fact that they poked fun at Twilight.

I did read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies – loved it.

Jenna

Nicole_Hadaway said...

I'm lovin' the cover of Nightlight! And it does sound hilarious. Thanks for posting the info on the Castle Halloween episode, Michelle!

Ceri said...

I'm so sick of the Twilight series which makes me really really really want to read this. :-D

Anna Dougherty said...

I'm super excited about the Halloween episode of Castle! Should be really fun and the show seems like the perfect platform for it- wacky Halloween and comedy.

I bet all the Twilight junkies out there aren't too happy to see their movie spoofed.

ddurance said...

I adore Twilight, but it's so easy to poke fun at it, isn't it. lol

Deidre

PeaceLove&Pat said...

hilarious. This is on my tbr. thanks for posting.