Saturday, January 30, 2010

Movie Quotes: Fright Night (1985)

Fright Night (1985) is a vampire movie about a teenage boy, Charley Brewster, that believes his new neighbor, Jerry Dandrige, is an evil bloodsucking vampire. He tells his friend, Evil Ed, and his girlfriend, Amy, but nobody will believe him. So he enlists the help of his television horror movie hero, the truly cowardly Peter Vincent, to help him slay the monster next door.

This movie has a great cast (Chris Sarandon, William Ragsdale, Roddy McDowall) and some fantastic comedic one-liners. It doesn't have the flashy special effects we are so used to these days, and it might seem cheesy, but I've liked this movie since I was 11 years old. Here are some of the best lines in the movie, but to get the real effect you would need to rent the movie.


Jerry Dandrige: Welcome to Fright Night! For real.

Jerry Dandrige: You have to have faith for this to work on me!

Evil Ed: He got me, Charley! He bit me! You know what you're gonna have to do now, don't you? Kill me. Kill me, Charley... before I turn into a vampire, and... GIVE YOU A HICKEY!

Charley Brewster: No vampire's gonna want him anyway. Probably give him blood poisoning.

Charley Brewster: Look, Detective Lennox, Jerry Dandridge is vampire!
Detective Lennox:Yeah, sure, and I'm Dirty Harry!

Peter Vincent: Apparently your generation doesn't want to see vampire killers anymore, nor vampires either. All they want to see slashers running around in ski masks, hacking up young virgins.

4 comments:

Stacy Stew said...

I loved this movie. I even have it on DVD today.

Nicole_Hadaway said...

Oh, this is my all-time favorite vampire movie! I saw it when I was twelve (in the theater, no less!).

Some of my fave lines:

"Oh you're so cool, Brewster!" Evil Ed

"His din-ner's in the o-ven keeping warm!" Evil Ed -- you gotta hear the way he says it.

Emme Toaye said...

I always go for movies or books where the guy next door thinks the guy next door is a vampire, alien, demon or ax murderer. And then came Jeffrey Dalhmer.

Jo-Anne Kenrick said...

Oh what a fun Vamp flick - seeing Marcy-Amanda Bearse (Married with Children) playing a sultry vampire chic. Very surreal indeed. I just LOVE the soundtrack to that movie,and played the vinyl many times back in the day. hehe


If only a vampire that looked like Jerry Dandridge would move in next door to us, would certainly spice up this long, dreary winter. That's for sure.