Friday, January 22, 2010

New Vamp Comic from DC




Debuting this week from DC Comics is “Dead Romeo,” a new six-issue miniseries illustrated by Ryan Benjamin (“Grifter and Midnighter”) and written by Jesse Blaze Snider. A relative newcomer to comics, Snider is hoping to break big with “Dead Romeo,” an ultra-violent vampire love story he describes as being something of a cross between “The Crow” and “The Princess Bride.”
The story follows John Romero, a glam rock musician who died in the 1980s, but not before falling madly in love, marrying his sweetheart and becoming a vampire. Romero returns from Hell in the present day with a chance to escape forever. All he has to do is kill one innocent virgin. But can the hopeless romantic rock singer do such a terrible thing? And if he can’t, what will his Hellish companions, the evil Hollywood Vampires, to do John if he chokes?

5 comments:

Michele Hauf said...

I don't even read comics but I want this one!

:-)

Anna Dougherty said...

I love me a good comic! Now I just need to find a local store so I can pick this up:)

The Mighty Buzzard said...

Cover shows June `09 and a quick search reveals that part six of the mini-series came out in september `09. My brain hurts now.

Emme Toaye said...

Just love a good Vamp comic and a good "Vampsace" gown, purse and shoes so I'm off to check this out a little more....where are those shoes...mean little shoe fairies probably hid them again.

Shauna Kemp said...

I haven't read many comics either but I'm starting to with the vampire manga, graphic novels coming out and now and I want this one too! :)