Thursday, April 22, 2010

Guest: E.J. Stevens

Please welcome Paranormal Poet E.J. Stevens!  E.J. is giving away a signed copy of Shadows of Myth and Legend, Shadows of Myth and a bookmark to one lucky commenter.  So please show her some love in the comments!  [Winner announced on Sunday; US only, please.]

Hello all.  I am thrilled to be here at Vampchix!  My second book of dark poetry, Shadows of Myth and Legend, released on April 11th and I am overjoyed by the amazingly positive feedback I have had from readers.  The pages of Shadows of Myth and Legend are filled with dark, often macabre, tales of madness, melancholy, love, lust, and longing.  My goal was to explore, and lay bare, the tortured hearts and souls of paranormal creatures from folklore, myth, and legend.

Boredom.  Mischief.  Power. Obsession.

While researching folklore I found that there were many common themes that run throughout the darker myths and legends.  Boredom often led to either mischief and power often led to obsession but the most dangerous, and often most tragic, combination resulted from the immortals.  Immortals tended to be both bored and powerful making the Sidhe and the undead some of my favorite paranormals to explore in this collection.

Vampire, Werewolf, Faerie, Selkie, Wendigo.

Shadows of Myth and Legend is filled with many of my favorite paranormal creatures.  I love hearing about which stories readers have enjoyed the most.  If you have read from the book already, which story was your favorite?  Why?  If you haven't had a chance to read the book yet, then which paranormals are your favorite?  Why?

E.J. Stevens is a graduate of the University of Maine at Farmington with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. E.J. has worked a variety of jobs that demonstrate the human condition including schools, psychiatric hospitals and (*shudder*) shopping malls. She currently resides in a magical forest on the coast of Maine where she finds daily inspiration for her writing. 
 

E.J. Stevens is the author of From the Shadows and Shadows of Myth and Legend

Visit E.J. at www.FromTheShadows.info
  

9 comments:

SandyG265 said...

I haven't had a chance to read your book yet but my favorite paranormal creatures are shifters because there are so many different story possibilities depending on what animal a character shifts to

Soni (VampirePhile) said...

Hello E. J & the ladies of VampChix,

I'm not eligible (being up here in Canada and all, LoL!), but I still wanted to give my ""CONGRATS!!"" to E. J. on the success of release!

~ Soni

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Hi!! Awesome contest, I've heard a lot about this book!! I haven't read it yet, so my fave paranormal creatures in general are werewolves, b/c they're kinda wild :)

inthehammockblog (at) gmail (d0t) com

Rosie said...

This book looks great . . . I absolutely LOVE the cover!!! Looking forward to getting my hands on it. Thanks for the contest!

rosie012 @ hotmail . com

Dirgesinger said...

Wow! That sounds awesome cool. One day i will read all those poetry:) I am from Hungary so I cannot be in for winning it, but nevertheless I love dark and mystical poetry, so go on, E.J. :)

blackroze37yahoo.com said...

i think it be a great read!!!

blackroze37yahoo.com said...

o im all the paranormal , im old enough to remermber how hard it was to get any nd felt like a perv hunting it

angie said...

I have heard great things about these books and would love to read them. I haven't read many paranormals besides twilight. In the future I hope to read more.
Thanks for the giveaway!
email bangersis(at)msn(dot)com

A Musing Mom (Taylorclan6) said...

I would love this book. And you would love giving it to me.

Nancy

ntaylor228 at yahoo dot com