Friday, April 30, 2010

Werewolf Books

Yesterday we did werewolf movies, today it's books.  Just a warning up front, it'll be mostly romance because that's the genre I read in and I know the majority of the blog visitors read in as well (and honestly, I haven't read a lot of werewolf stories).  But that shouldn't keep you all from posting about horror, sci/fi, whathaveyou.  I'm always open to a great new read.  And like yesterday, today's post will be interactive.  I've posted some books below, but want you all to add your favorites in the comments.  I'll then put up pics of those books at the bottom of the post, so we can all add to our book shopping lists!

First, for some great YA Werewolf Reads I'll refer you to Shauna Leigh Kemp's post here a few days ago.

Now, I'm going to do some shameless promotion.  I write books I love to read, so my favorite werewolf book is MOON KISSED by moi.  It features the hero, Severo (weird name, I know, but I love the dude) and the mortal heroine Bella.  (Other books of mine with werewolves are "Racing The Moon" and HER VAMPIRE HUSBAND)  Here's the blurb:
Escaping from bloodthirsty vampires, Belladonna Reynolds ran straight into the arms of a werewolf. As a man Severo drew her in with his dark good looks; as a beast he astounded her with his insatiable sensual appetite. Whether afraid or aroused, Bella fled to his lair when threatened by an evil monster of the night....

Severo tried to keep Bella--his mate--safe from the vampiress who held a malicious desire for revenge against him, but he alone wasn't enough. Now Bella had taken the form of his most cursed enemy. How could he desire the very thing he'd spent his life destroying? And even if he did, what would the werewolf do to Bella on the next full moon?

LONELY WEREWOLF GIRL is a YA read, but adults will love it too,  Written by World Fantasy award winner Martin Millar, I highly recommend this one.

I haven't read TO TAME A WEREWOLF by Susan Krinard but I have read other stories by her.  This author is a must read.  I don't think you can go wrong with any of her paranormal romances.  This particular book is #5 in a series, but I'm not sure how many are in the series total.  Anyone know?

I've read the first in the Mercy Thompson series and really liked it.  The heroine is a coyote-shifter, but there are plenty werewolves in these stories.  SILVER BORNE is book 5.  Anyone have a favorite in this series?

I don't know anything about THE WEREWOLF WHISPERER by Ericka Scott, but when searching Amazon I came to a fast stop.  How can you not love this title?  And the cover is awesome, too.

WICKED DEEDS ON A WINTER'S NIGHT by Kresley Cole.  All hail, Kresley Cole!  I pretty much love anything she writes, but especially her Immortals After Dark series, which features all sorts of paranormals pairing up.  This one pairs a Lykae and a witch.  Hot, smoldering, action-packed, and fun!

Now, tell me about your favorite werewolf stories and I'll list them below!  

Titles you've suggested:

ANIMAL ATTRACTION by Charlene Teglia


WILDERNESS by Dennis Danvers

TO CRAVE A BLOOD MOON is part of Sharie Kohler's The Moon Chasers' series.

And remember, all week VampChix is giving away copies of MIDNIGHT CRAVINGS every day (it features my short story Racing The Moon; werewolf hero).  All you have to do is comment!  Winners announced on Saturday.


tetewa said...

I love the Riley Jensen series by Keri Arthur!

tina werner said...

animal attraction by charlene teglia ... definitely not a ya read... but it was hawt!

stampitchick at yahoo dot ca


SandyG265 said...

Some of my favorites are
The Moon Chasers series by Shari Kohler
The Werewolf of Paris by Guy Endore
Wilderness by Dennis Danvers

Rain Maiden said...

Shari Kohler is one of my favorites, but Kresley Cole is hands down my favortie. Love her wolf men!

cait045 said...

I just read Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs and I can say the wait was worth it. I can't wait to read the others.


Robin K said...

I too will need to say The Moon Chasers series by Sharie Kohler! my favorite in the series is To Crave a Blood Moon.

Anna Dougherty said...

Laurell K Hamilton was my first thought, although I do not care for Richard, the alpha wolf, overmuch these days. The books are erotic, sexy, and contain every sort of shifter known to man, and some that aren't.

The Riley Jensen series is awesome and it has a vamp to make it extra sexy:)

And I'm pretty sure that Stephen King had some wolf books that I read back in the day.

Shifters of any sort are awesome!

Shauna Kemp said...

I want to read ALL of these! I heart weres too! Much like vamps. :) Great book post & movies post the other day, awesome!!

Kirsten said...

I love to read vampire stories so I have tried Kresley Cole's A hunger like no other recently. It's also about werewolves and I LOVED it! Makes me think I should try some more.

GB (formerly JD) said...

The Kitty series by Carrie Vaughn (starting with Kitty and The Midnight Hour) is probably my second favourite werewolf series, second only to the masterful Patricia Briggs.

Kitty starts out as a lowly member of her local pack and her growth as a character throughout the series is phenomenal. Book 7 comes out in June and I can't wait to get my paws on it.