Thursday, May 27, 2010

YA Vamps in Vampire Kisses 7 "Love Bites" by Ellen Schreiber

"Love Bites", Vampire Kisses book 7, by Ellen Schreiber

As a mortal girl dating a vampire, Raven knows that love isn't always easy. Now that Alexander's parents have returned to Romania, Raven and her dreamy vampire boyfriend are happy to resume their cryptic romance.
But soon another visitor comes knocking: Sebastian, Alexander's best friend, arrives for a stay at the mansion. At first Raven is wary, then thrilled—this is the perfect chance to learn more about her darkly handsome boyfriend and his past. Raven has been wondering whether Alexander will ever bite her and make their love immortal, and Sebastian could be her guide to the love habits of Alexander and his kind. But when Sebastian falls for a particular Dullsvillian, will another mortal beat Raven to the bite?
With suspense, danger, and a fabulous vampire party, this seventh book in the bestselling Vampire Kisses series continues the exciting nocturnal romance of Raven and Alexander.

Love Bites came out on May 18th and arrived on my doorstep that day and I started reading almost immediately!  This series is one of my favorite YA vampire series and I was very excited to get this and read it.  I was reading on her website that they like to release one a year and that she is contracted at this time for at least 8 books so the next one won't be until next year around this time...  Oh boy, I'm already anxiously waiting!  :)  

In case you were wondering, it was worth the wait!  This book, lived up to my expectations.  I enjoyed it a lot.  Raven seemed to grow and we learned more of Alexander as his best friend Sebastian comes to stay with him.  Who, brings some fun and interesting things to the story.  And yes, goth girl Raven is still worried about whether or not her vampire boyfriend will bite her so she can be a vampire too.  Although, this time she is more concerned about a certain vampire biting another friend first!  It is quite an ordeal and she goes to great lengths to make sure that doesn't happen.  Well, I said she was growing... not all grown up!  Ha ha.  

And, if I thought I was going to get through it all without a major twist at the end...  Well, I was wrong and my stomach was about in knots of it's own with some games & parties going down, oh my!  Yikes...  Mostly in a good way, story-wise, Ellen Schreiber really did a good job of making this one stand on it's own and yet tying it in with the previous 6 books and making room for an 8th.  I have to say I was impressed and ready for the next one by the very end.  I only wish I was better at waiting... I guess a year isn't so long in vampire-years, hmm...  Bring it on, more Vampire Kisses for me!

I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes from the book:

     "It's not about changing----it's about growing, together," he said, like the wise soul that he was. "I wanted to let you know----that I am with you.  Always.  Forever.  We don't have to be separated by the sun, school, or even the night.  Now I'm just a click away."
     I was deeply moved by Alexander's present to me and I rewarded my vampire boyfriend with mortal kisses.

Which reminds me, Alexander is a fabulous vampire boyfriend!  :)  He is one of my favorite vamps...sigh.

Happy vampire book reading!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, Ellen Schreiber, like many other authors is branching out to werewolves!  So, we don't have to wait too long for another book of hers at least...  Check this out from her site:

Celeste Parker is used to hearing scary stories about werewolves -Legend's Run is famous for them. She's used to everything in the small town until Brandon Maddox moves to Legend's Run and Celeste finds herself immediately drawn to the handsome new student.
But when, after an unnerving visit with a psychic, she encounters a pack of wolves and gorgeous, enigmatic Brandon, she must discover whether his transformation is more than legend or just a trick of the shadows in the moonlight.

Her best friends may never forgive her if she gives up her perfect boyfriend, Nash, for Brandon, who's from the wrong side of town. But she can't deny her attraction or the strong pull he has on her. Brandon may be Celeste's hero, or he may be the most dangerous creature she could encounter in the woods of Legend's Run.

Psychic predictions, generations-old secrets, a town divided, and the possibility of falling in love with a hot and heroic werewolf are the perfect formula for what happens . . . once in a full moon.

This one is slated for January 2011!  

Happy reading then!  :)

If you hang out on Goodreads at all look me up, I'm addicted!  It is great for keeping track of all of your reads.  Kind of like a virtual library and bookcase.  I love it!  



Erica Chapman said...

Nice review Shauna!! Looks like a good one ;o)

Raven_Nightwind said...

I have read all of her books they are wonderful! I am saving them for my daughter they are good teen books (Trinity is only 1). I cannot wait for the next one

Shauna Leigh Kemp said...

Erica, Thank you! Yes, I really enjoyed this one! I highly recommend it for a YA vampire read. :)

Raven_Nightwind, Yes, I would save them too! Actually, I am saving mine as well... Although, for no one at the moment, ha ha. I am sure Trinity will be thrilled to have them as a teen! That is awesome! I can't wait for the next one either.

Thanks for stopping by today! :) I'm sorry I didn't pop back by sooner, but I had to take one of my kitties to the vet. :( And yes, his fangs were out! :)

Take care! ~Shauna

E.J. Stevens said...

Shauna, great review! This book sounds fabulous. Definitely adding to my wishlist. :)

From the Shadows

Shauna Leigh Kemp said...

Thank you, E.J.! Yes, it is a good one for the wishlist. =)

And, what a fabulous blog you have there! :*)

Happy Reading,

Pandora Hellsing said...

Oh my goth, Ellen Schreiber is one of my top favorite vampire/supernatural authors, which also includes Heather Brewer (Chronicles of Vladimir Tod), Stephenie Meyer (Twilight saga), Yana Toboso (Black Butler series), and P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast (House of Night series)!!! The only thing that's infuriating is that I have to wait so long for the eighth book!!! This is going to be such a gruelingly gruesome summer (in a bad way)...