Sunday, June 6, 2010

DEMON WEEK!

It's Demon Week here at VampChix.  Yes, we can play nice with the horny—er, horned dudes.  Heck, some of them don't even sport horns.  What about tails?  They got tails?  Some do, some don't.  Some are evil, some are lusty and sensual.  Forked tongues, cloven hooves, red-glowing eyes?  Oh yeah!  We'll be chatting about demon books and movies all week, and sprinkling in a few fast facts as well.  Authors of awesome demon stories will be popping in and out all week, and some will even be giving away books!  Like today's featured author!








Patti O'Shea's electronic novella from Nocturne Bites "Demon Kissed" is available as an electronic novel at eHarlequin, Amazon, or any of your favorite online retailers.


Demon slayer Bree Molina has always felt an attraction for fellow hunter Andras. She knew he was handsome and brave...but she's shocked to discover that Andras is a demon, too! That's just the first revelation Andras has in store for Bree. The demon world has put a price on her head--and the only way Andras can save Bree is by making her his mate....
  

To kick off Demon Week, Patti is giving away a copy of THROUGH A CRIMSON VEIL, the first demon romance she wrote for the 2005 Crimson City series.  All you have to do to win is comment on today's post [US only for this particular book].  All winners this week will be announced on Saturday 12th. 


Find Patti on Facebook and Twitter!


Fast Facts About Demons:  Demonic possession is often the term used to describe the control over a human form by a demon. Descriptions of demonic possessions often include: erased memories or personalities,convulsions, “fits” and fainting as if one were dying. Unlike in channeling or other forms of possession, the subject has no control over the possessing entity and so it will persist until forced to leave the victim, usually through a form of exorcism.  [Courtesy of Wikipedia]


What is your favorite demon read?  Romance, horror, sci/fi, fantasy.  Let us know!  We'll be listing books all week so we can all add to our shopping lists!

19 comments:

Rain Maiden said...

Some of my favorite Demon series.... The Marked Souls series by Jessa Slade, The Final Prophecy series by Jessica Andersen and can't leave out Lariaas Ione's Demonica series.

tetewa said...

I also enjoy The Demonica series by Larissa Ione! tWarner419@aol.com It's going to be a fun week!

Paranormal Haven said...

I don't read many demon books but I want to. I just haven't come across many that sound like it would be my kind of book. Demonica is my favorite though. D@mn they are hot :-)


Stephanie G

ParanormalBites said...

Larissa Ione's Demonica series rocks, as do the demons of Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series (Rydstrom & Cadeon Woede). I am just getting into Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series and I suspect that her demons may make my favourite horny men list soon as well. ;)

Witchy Woman said...

Hey Michele,

I have one for you! It's an erotic romance titled Possession by Devyn Quinn, which absolutely rocked! About one sexy demon who's released from the Delomelanicon; this book can summon darkness. I'll say this...Remi is one sexually charged demon!

Victoria said...

I love Larissa Ione's Demonica demons. They were my first so they are my favorites. Kresley Cole has some outstanding demons as well.

Spav said...

One of my favourite demon reads, apart from the Demonica series, is the Kara Gillian series by Diana Rowland.

Lorelei said...

John Everson's "Covenant" was very good.

I met John at a book signing. Very nice guy, not the type you'd think of as a horror writer, but he's very good, winner of the Bram Stoker Award with this book. So, I think he deserves mention.

Jenn said...

My favorite demon books are Larissa Ione's Demonica series books - yum!!

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

I'm just starting to get into demons and this sounds like a great way. Please count me in too!

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

Oh yeah ! And I got sucked in to demons from the Morgan Kinsley series!

~*Jessica Rabbit*~ said...

I haven't read any yet, but I have all of Larissa Ione's Demonica series on my shelf waiting for me to pick them up. I can't wait, hopefully they are as kick a$$ as I think they'll be. :)

Vatche said...

I haven't read many demon books lately, but anyway I just wanted to say that I'm a new follower and that I am already enjoying the site. Cool post and I can't wait to hear more from Demon Week. Write on!

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

Demon books are fun :) I can get behind demon week!

throuthehaze said...

yay! Demon Week! I'm not sure if The Lords of the Underworld series counts, but they house demons inside them :) One of my faves!

Raonaid Luckwell said...

I've not read much demon books outside of romance unless you count Lillith Saintcrow's Japh. Rawr. Then I love Larissa's demons, Gena Showalter and who could forget Kresley Cole (who I am reading her latest book right now)

Lisa R said...

I've enjoyed the Crimson City series for many years and love that so many talented writers are involved in this series.


alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

mbreakfield said...

Probably my two favorite series featuring demons are the Kressley Cole series and the Nightwalker series. I can't pick just one.

Ayla said...

i love larissa ione's demons and gena showalter's. oh and kim knox writes some pretty steamy demon books too.
i sooo need to expand my demon repitoire