Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Gates

Did you watch The Gates?  I have to admit, I wasn't expecting it to blow me away, and it didn't, but the premise was very intriguing.  Worth watching again, for sure.  I like that all the characters have secrets, which we all know will be slowly revealed.  Yet some secrets were divulged right away, like the vampiress and her husband.  But is the adopted child merely human?  And what about the vampiress's strange rash after she drank blood?  Does she love to cook, but can't eat so she gives it away to others?  And her hubby; does he run a blood-tech company of some sort?  Great questions, I'll watch to have answered.

And the pack of wolves is another mystery.  Is it the entire team?  Are they initiated into wolfdom through a bite?  What other creatures exist behind the protective Gates?

What about the witches in the herb shops?  I see a great rivalry there.

And even the mortal cop has a mysterious case in his recent past that apparently put his family through hell.  And how about that ending?  Not who you were expecting they'd find, eh?

So what about you?  Did you like the show?  Will you watch again?

11 comments:

Brooke Reviews said...

I didn't watch it, but after reading this I kind of want to :)

Berinn said...

It was a great first episode. And just earlier that day I was complaining that there were no great shows on tv right now...

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I haven't watched it yet but I did DVR it (and Scoundrels).

jacabur1 said...

Watched and even bookmarked the ABC.com site to watch it again this week when my sweetie is out of town and there will be nothing on TV!! looking forward to see how the show unfolds over time..

jackie b central texas

Roxanne Rhoads said...

If it promises to have fangs I'm there. I watched it- kinda liked it. Looking forward to more of it. It is set to record on my DVR.

Good news- a new season of Being Human starts July 24 (I think). I have been waiting for that even though I hear it's better to get the DVDs instead of watching BBC Americas edits but since I don't know what I'm missing I guess I'll be alright.

Michele Hauf said...

Roxanne, you'll have to do a post on Being Human for us some time! I haven't seen the series, and am wondering if I should order the DVDs.

Anna D said...

Being Human is a cool show. I love BBC America but having the shows on DVD is a better option- the commercials on BBC will drive you bonkers:)

Didn't watch The Gates because it's on against a show I've been watching for a few seasons already. Trying to figure out how to juggle that so I can watch both- no DVR here.

Shauna Leigh Kemp said...

Can The Gates be seen online? I missed the premiere, our box was full! And, I don't like watching things from the middle or well, not from the beginning anyway so... No, I haven't seen it. :( I didn't know there were wolves though and that sounds exciting too! :) Starting to sound like a grown up Buffy, didn't you mention witches too! Fun!! :) Maybe it will help fill the void, I only have about 10 shows left of Buffy Season 7, what will I ever do?! Thank goodness they are making more paranormal shows!!! =*)

Michele Hauf said...

I noticed you can download The Gates premiere at iTunes this week for free. Might be a limited time, so go check that out!

Shauna Leigh Kemp said...

Thank you for telling me! I just downloaded it and can't wait to watch it!! :)

Phone Sex said...

I like in your thinking. This is so cool posting. Thanks share in your feeling in this blog I respect in your feeling. I think so nice feeling in this blog.