Please welcome Cynthia Eden to VampChix! She's a rising star in the paranormal romance world, and her latest features sexy vamps. Cynthia will give away a copy of I'LL BE SLAYING YOU to one lucky commenter, so show her some love in the comments!
Vampires Aren’t Dead…Not Yet, Not Ever
Hi, everyone! And thanks so much to Michele for inviting me to post at VampChix today. I love vampires—adore them, so having the chance to talk about one of my favorite supernatural creatures is always fun for me.
Let me give you five fast reasons that tell why I enjoy vamps so much:
1. Spike. Seriously, I think my love for vampires kicked up about 100% when I first saw Spike on Buffy The Vampire Slayer. With his bleached blond hair and bugger-off attitude, he was very unlike any vampire I’d ever seen before on TV. He was fabulous. Flawed, very broken, but still dangerous—and strong enough to steal even a slayer’s heart.
2. Dark Shadows. Come on—did anyone see this old vampire soap opera years ago? I loved it then, and now, since Johnny Depp is scheduled to take over the role of Barnabas Collins in the remake, this flick is promising to be stellar. Johnny as a vampire? Oh, yes, I’ll see that please!
3. George Hamilton. What? Oh, come on! Surely you’ve heard of Love At First Bite. Yes, I know, some folks think that vamp movie starring Hamilton was cheesy, but a pre-teen me thought it was awesome (okay, full confession, I still do). This vampire risked everything for his soul-mate. Got to love a man who will risk it all for the woman he loves, while still managing to have an awesome tan while being undead.
4. Christine Feehan’s Carpathians. I love reading about new takes on the vampire legend, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed Christine Feehan’s vampire stories. I read DARK FIRE in 2001, and since then, I’ve been addicted. The vampire legend continues to twist and evolve and I’m always eager to see where the story will go next.
5. Vampires prove that monsters can be…sexy. No, really—vamps are almost always portrayed as being sexy in books and movies. Yes, they are creatures of the night, and, yes, they drink blood and can kill quickly—but they are hot. Hot and dangerous and very, very lethal.
So those are a few reasons why I like vamps. I could write lots more, but I think it would be more fun to hear about why you like vamps. Or, do you have a favorite vamp show/movie that hooked you on the undead hunks? Tell me…I’d love to hear your stories!
Ah, and in case you are curious, here’s the blurb for I’LL BE SLAYING YOU:
Cynthia Eden returns to the realm of the Other, where the supernatural bounty hunters of Night Watch work hard and play harder…
Sandra “Dee” Daniels is a vampire’s worst nightmare. Sure, she couldn’t get up to five-six in the highest heels money can buy—not that she ever wears heels. But the monsters in her past and the stake in her boot are enough to keep most bloodsuckers interested in staying undead out of Baton Rouge.
But there are changes afoot on her turf. Rumors of a Born Master in town—a vampire so powerful he can make the streets run with blood. And a new face in Dee’s dive bars and alleyways—Simon Chase, a strong, sexy shadow with a haunted past of his own. Simon knows a lot about the dark side of Dee’s work. He knows even more about how to make her body spark with desire. But the hot lust shimmering between them is only the beginning. Because Simon also knows a secret that will change Dee’s life—if she can live long enough to uncover it.
You can read an excerpt from I’LL BE SLAYING YOU at: http://www.cynthiaeden.com/books/ill-be-slaying-you/#excerpt
Thanks for checking out my post! Have a great day!
and on Twitter!