Thursday, June 10, 2010

Silver screen demons and Rowan's inner Demon

I honestly have to say that I haven't seen a lot of demon movies.  At least not purposely.  Demons just plain freak me out.  And if there's an exorcism scene in a movie, that really freaks me.  Not sure why.  Maybe it's because some people actually believe they can be possessed by demons, and I'm not sure if I believe that or not.  
Anyway, here's a short list, and be sure to shout out your fav demon movies so we can add them to our movie-viewing lists.

For starters, I do love CONSTANTINE.  I don't consider it a classic demon movie, but it has a lot of demons in it.  Go figure.  Love the visuals.  Absolutely stunning imagery.  And Keanu is always best in those roles that require little dialogue from him and a lot of action.

My son recommends Jennifer's Body.  (Wow.  Who'd a thought a 19-yr old boy would suggest that movie, eh?)  ;-)
Sexy temptress Megan Fox is hotter than hell as Jennifer, a gorgeous, seductive cheerleader who takes evil to a whole new level after she’s possessed by a sinister demon. Steamy action and gore galore ensue as the male student body succumbs to Jennifer's insatiable appetite for human flesh. Now it’s up to her best friend (Amanda Seyfried) to stop Jennifer's reign of terror before it's too late!

I suspect NIGHT OF THE DEMONS is a classic.
On the night of halloween 10 teens decide to go to a party at an abandoned funeral parlor. Hull house rumored to be built on an evil patch of land & underground stream is the place. While starting the party the teens gather around a big mirror to perform a seance..Big mistake.

Another classic is ROSEMARY'S BABY.  I remember just seeing ads for this one when I was a kid gave me the creeps.  Though I confess, the 'making a pact with the devil' storyline is always fun.  
A loving New York couple is expecting their first baby, however Rosemary's husband makes a pact with the devil to send his career skyward.

And what demon list would be complete without THE EXORCIST?  Never saw it, but sure hated pea soup when I was a kid, again, because of the promo and all the hype about that chick's head turning around and spewing out pea soup.  (Yes, I'm easily influenced by media.  Don't even ask me about Silence of the Lambs; the horror!)

We're featuring another author of demon romance today: Michelle Rowan

The Demon in Me
Living in Eden – Book #1
Berkley Sensation

Hell hath no fury like a woman possessed.
Fate has led Eden Riley to become a “psychic consultant” to the police, even though her abilities are unreliable at best. Those
paranormal powers are about to get her into a jam she couldn’t have predicted. After her hunky police detective partner guns down a serial killer in front of her, Eden realizes that she’s quite literally no longer alone. A voice in her head introduces himself as Darrak. He’s a demon. But not in a bad way!

Darrak lost his original body 300 years ago thanks to a witch’s curse. This is the first time he’s ever been able to speak directly to a host, plus there’s a bonus. Eden’s psychic energy helps him to take form during daylight hours. He wants to use this chance to find a way to break his curse — finally. Otherwise, Eden’s going to have to learn to live with this sexy demon…like it or not. And she thinks she might like it.

For more info about Michelle's books, please visit <> !

Michelle is giving away a copy of THE DEMON IN ME to one person who comments today!  Tell us your favorite demon-related movie or book. [Winners announced Saturday.]


Sarah from Scare Sarah said...

I'm really in to demonic possession (in films!) There is something very scary about it, being taken over like that.

Kirsten said...

The only demon book I own and read is Kresley Cole's Dark Desires After Dusk.
I don't really know why I haven't tried more Demons. Probably because of my obsession with vampires but I remember that I liked it.
I think it's (high) time for me to see if there are other sexy demons out their that I might enjoy reading about.

SandyG265 said...

My favorite demon book is Lilith St Crow's working for the Devil.

tracey said...

I really love the "Demonica" series by Larissa Ione. her demons are fierce, sexy, and loving. Demon or human anyone can relate to these characters on some level.

tetewa said...

A newer movie that I enjoyed was Drag Me to Hell and an older one was Fraility!

Patricia Altner said...

I love the Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead. Succubus Blues - book 1 - is still my favorite.f

mbreakfield said...

My favorite movie is THE EXORCIST. There are too many books to name them all, but one of my favorite series with demons is Frank's Nightwalker series.

dfordarla said...

So far my favorite is the Morgan Kingsley series by Jenna Black. The Demon in Me is a book I've been looking forward to for a while.

Victoria said...

My favorite demon book series is Larissa Ione's Domenica Series. I have a thing for Wraith ;).

Anna D said...

It would be impossible for me to name my favorite demon books so I'll do for movies.

The Omen, as in the original not the remake, is one of my all time favorites. That kid is totally creepy!

Does Amityville count? That movie still scares the crap out of me.

Tynga said...

I would go with the hold TV series Charmes. Cole (demon bf) was jsut fantastic! My favorite character of the series ^^

Rosie said...

My all time favorite is definitely Rosemary's Baby. That movie was so well made for its time. I can watch it over and over. I do remember, though, as a kid going to the drive-in, getting scared to death seeing the stroller on the hill. Looking at it now, it wasn't scary, but for a kid it sure was.

Anonymous said...

I also like Constantine for the demon movie - but Jennifer's Body sound interesting, too! I love Larissa Iones Demonica Series - the characters really stick with you and I love them all (looking forward to Sin and Con's story!!)

cissikat said...

I am a big fan of Larissa Ione's Demonica....excellent series!
Michelle's "Demon In Me" sounds great!

van_pham said...

i really enjoy the demons in Richelle Mead's Succubus novels and Diana Rowland's demon series.

thanks for the contest!


mariska said...

i'm so addicted with Larissa Ione's, Demonica series right now.

As for Constantine is one of my favorite demon movie :)

throuthehaze said...

My fave demon related reads are the Lords of the Underworld books.
throuthehaze at gmail dot com

buddyt said...

I would have to go with the Exorcist.

It was banned over here when it first came out many years ago but about a year later i managed to watch a summgled in version at a friends house.

I didn't sleep well for many months after that !

Many years later I read the book and even then if had me switching on lights all the time and peering at shadows.

Thanks for the giveaway and for opening it up to worldwide entries.

Carol T

buddytho {at} gmail DOT com

Diana (Book of Secrets) said...

Don't know if it's my favorite, but I enjoyed the movie "Paranormal Activity." That had some scary demonic stuff (at least to me)!


Michikit said...

When it comes to demons I always get in my mind Supernatural. I like the fact that the demons are both good and evil but mostly they are all deceptive. You can't trust them even though they look like a little cute girl. :P


evilqueen21 said...

I love all things Demons! I love Rowland's Kara Gillian series, Mead's Georgina Kincaid series, Ione's Demonica series, But I have to second dfordarla is saying my favorite out of them all is Jenna Blacks Morgan Kingsley series! Sooo good!!! I have yet to read Demon in Me so thanks for the chance to win a copy! ;-)

Vanessa said...

I'd have to say "The Tattooist" which is a New Zealand movie starring Jason Behr, Robbie Magasiva and Michael Hurst from Hercules

Vanessa said...

I'd have to say "The Tattooist" which is a New Zealand movie starring Jason Behr, Robbie Magasiva and Michael Hurst from Hercules

Vanessanoble at

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Books- Kim Harrison's Hollows books are pretty awesome, something about Al intrigues me.

I also love the Brothers Wode in Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series.


Barbara E. said...

I'd choose Larissa Ione's Demonica series, but I have to give a shout out to Jaye Well's Giguhl, he's an awesome secondary character who loves the Home Shopping Network.
I'm dying to read The Demon In Me, so this is a wonderful chance to win it.


Marie said...

He's not really that kind of demon, but I love Lorne, the green demon on Angel.

I'm really looking forward to reading The Demon In Me. It sounds like an interesting premise!

Jenn said...

My favorite demon books are the Demonica series by Larissa Ione - yum!

Spav said...

I also loved Constantine. As for book, I really like Jacquelyn Frank's Nightwalker series. Her demons are different from normal.

heatwave16 said...

Gotta love the Karaoke demon from Angel. :)