Friday, June 25, 2010

YA Vamps in The Morganville Vampires



I recently started reading Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampire series and am really enjoying the ride...  


Here is a short bit about book one:


Goodreads Synopsis:


From the author of the popular Weather Warden series comes the debut of an exciting new series set in Morganville, Texas, where you would be well advised to avoid being out after dark. 

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood.


Read a portion of Book 1 Glass Houses from Rachel Caine's website.


I'm already on book four and with each one is a new adventure and more secrets are divulged along the way...  There are crazy vampires, clueless humans, there was even a ghost (gasp!), an angelic vamp of sorts, a Gothic clad girl, an angsty boy (what would we do without one?!) who is protective of his friends, and a girl who's trying to save them all!


I'd really love to share more, but one of the main joys in the series really has been discovery around each corner... Mostly, about 4 friends who live in the Glass House; Michael, Shane, Eve and Claire.  And, I'll leave it up to you to read it and figure out which description goes with which friend!  Or, have you already read it and do you already know?  :)


It is definitely a great series to read while waiting for none other than... ECLIPSE to come out next week, YAY!!!  Speaking of, here is the clip they showed at the MTV movie awards show.  And, I've gotta say, go Jasper!  I mean, I'm all for Team Edward, but I'm just saying, Jasper is going to rock in this one, he's a fighter and they have redeemed his hair, thank goodness!  I love that vamp!!!  Oh, the clip, eh hem...  :)






~Shauna, your "ya expert"or I try!
you can also find me at my blog 
READ~WRITE~REVAMPtwitter, & goodreads

6 comments:

SandyG265 said...

I've only read the first Moganville Vamp book so far. I have the second on my TBR pile.

Shauna Leigh Kemp said...

I read books 1 & 2 together because they started selling them as one book and then the next two book set comes out in October I believe. However, they do seem to get better each book, or I'm just more invested in the characters now and I really enjoyed book 3!!! Book 4 is proving exciting as well. :)

Stayc20 said...

Shauna, I must agree! I read books 1 & 2 combined and enjoyed it, especially getting to know Shane, Claire, Michael and Eve. Book 3 was difficult for me to put down, So much going on, I felt I would be missing out, if I stopped reading. And, that brings me to book 4, currently halfway through. It just keeps getting better!! I must admit, I wasn't convinced I would like this series after reviews I read. However, I am truly enjoying the ride. Happy Reading!

Jen D. said...

I love this series. Like you said, each book is a new adventure with new revelations. I love all of Rachel Caine's stuff. I think she's a great author and seriously under rated.

Have you read her Weather Warden series?

Shauna Leigh Kemp said...

Thank you, Stayc20! I completely agree, each book keeps getting better & better! And, book four was so good I was so sad to have to put it down a couple of times for some life-related events this weekend or I would have finished and commented back MUCH sooner! This has become a very enjoyable series for sure! I think Book 4 is a fave!! Happy reading to you too! Thanks for stopping by!! :)

It is a great series, Jen D.!! And, I can't wait to see what book 5 has in store, and the books after that... Eeeek! :) I am glad to hear you mention some of Rachel Caine's other stuff as well. I noticed some of it on her website and was wondering how it was. I haven't read Weather Warden yet, is it good? Thanks for letting me know about it!

Jen D. said...

Hi Shauna! I think the books are great. It's got high adrenaline adventure, a dash of romance and a heroine who loves her car like it's her kid. It's pretty much made of awesome. Book 1 in the Weather Warden series is Ill Wind. If you ever get the chance to check it out let me know if you liked it. =)