Monday, July 5, 2010

Guest: Meagan Hatfield


Please welcome Meagan Hatfield today, who's talking VILFs (we know 'em, we love 'em).  Meagan has a copy of her newest release, SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE for one lucky commenter!  [winner announced on Wednesday]

Hello everyone, and big thanks to Michele for inviting me over here to chat with the fabulous Vamp Chix today!  

I absolutely love vampires.  Any movie made about them or book written featuring them, instantly goes on my “to watch/buy” list.  Even if it ends up being something I don’t like, (“Daybreakers” is a recent prime example) I still don’t regret the time spent watching/reading it.  There is always something cool or unique or just downright thrilling about anything vampires, even if the finished product does end up falling flat. 

Now, unlike most things you end up infatuated with, I can remember the exact time and day my love of vampires came to be.  Saturday, August 1st, 1987 at about 7pm – sometime after the 5 o’clock showing of The Lost Boys at UA Theaters ended.  *smiles*  I know this because I have collected every movie ticket stub from every movie I’ve watched, ever since that night.  The Lost Boys was the first movie I enjoyed so much, I had to carry a piece of it with me.  There was something about David (Kiefer Sutherland’s character) that just hook, lined and sinkered me.  I’d long been a romantic and somewhat into the bad boys.  But vampires?  Those creepy, skinny, bald ugly creatures in Nosferatu and Bram Stokers Dracula?  *shudder*  Um, no thank you.  But then David rode in on his kick butt motorcycle, wearing that long black trench coat and sexy yet wicked grin and poof!  My interest was suddenly peaked, and it hasn’t let up one iota since. 

In fact, I now have an entire list of VILF’s (Vampire’s I’d like to…well, you know.)  *grin*  And I’m going to share them with you now.  Yay! 

10.  Kraven from the Underworld trilogy

9.) Michael Corvin – Underworld and Underworld II

8.)  The only Twilight vamp you’ll see on my list, Cam Gigandet – Go Team James!  ;)

7.)  Gary Oldman in Bram Stoker’s Dracula


6.)  Because he is Kiefer Sutherland’s half-brother in real life and played a sexy vamp in the (horrible) Lost Boys sequel, Angus Sutherland.

5.) Okay, I don’t watch this show, but dang, Ian Somerhalder is smokin hot!

4.)   Ahh, David Boreanaz as Angel.  The vampire who brought my love of all things fang back to life…

3.)  Channon Roe as Cash from The Kindred - the most underrated, awesome vampire TV Show ever made!  Seriously, buy it!!

2.)  The already aforementioned, Kiefer Sutherland as David in the Lost Boys

1.)  And my number one VILF - Stuart Townsend as the vampire Lestat in Queen of the Damned. *sigh*

This is just my VILF list from movies/tv shows btw.  Vampire hotties from books would be a whole other top ten list.  I definitely would have to add Yuri, a secondary character from my debut mass market release, SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE. 

Speaking of my new release, here is a blurb for SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE:

Even vampires should never sleep with the enemy.
Vampire princess Alexia Feodorovna has been undead for 125 years, so it's been a while since any man has made her pulse race. Until Declan Black. One look at his bronzed body and a fire like no other consumes her. Then she discovers that he's a dragon lord come to take revenge on the vamps who killed his parents. And claim a crystal said to imbue its owner with incredible powers.
Alexia is ordered to torture and kill the dragon lord. Yet with each reckless encounter, she finds herself consumed by his fiery passion. A passion Declan battles, as well. Will he be able to resist the fire of lust she kindles within him and keep revenge in his heart? Or will he risk everything to quench the burning desire and claim the vampire as his own?


To celebrate this week’s release of SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE, I’m going to give away a copy to one lucky commenter on today's blog!  Do you remember the first vampire who made your undead heart flutter?  Who do you think I left off my top ten VILF list?  Just leave a comment below for you chance to win.
If you’d like more information about me, my books, fun extras, excerpts, contests, links, promo items, signed bookplates or if you would like to join my newsletter or street team, check out my website – www.meaganhatfield.com   Also, please feel free to email me at meagan@meaganhatfield.com and let me know what you think of Declan and Alexia or any of my characters.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.  
Visit Meagan Online:
Buy SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE:
HQN | borders | powells | barnes&noble | amazon | books-a-million | bookdepository | chapters | indiebound | target






















18 comments:

tweetybrd22 said...

Okay so the first vampire to make my heart flutter was Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer I didn't his vampire face but I loved his whole confident attitude. I so agree with your # 1,4,5,6, and oh most definitely 8 I love him and the tattoo he has on his lower side or hip just drives me mad.

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to say, i read you book off of my nook and OMG, it was soooo good!! i had to go right away and look at other books by you, found some and can't wait to read them...i so hope there is more in this series...
good job and a now a new fav author....

Cecile said...

The first vampire to make my heart pitter pat.. was Kiefer Sutherland in Lost Boys!! Oh man oh man!!!!!

Moonlight... Alex... oh yum..
And I am trying to google it right now... But from Blade.. Stephen Dorff... oh yum!
Thanks for the chance to win!

Meljprincess said...

The first vamp I went gaga over was Barnabas Collins in DARK SHADOWS.
I loved Gary Oldman as Dracula. I love when he and Winona (Mina) are in bed and she says 'take me away from all this death'. The look on his face when she bit him made me come undone. No pun intended. *g*

Meljprincess AT aol DOT com

Barbara E. said...

The first vampire I remember getting excited about was Brad Pitt in Interview With a Vampire. And I definitely think Spike should have been on your list.

Paranormal Haven said...

I too am going to have to go with Brad Pitt in Interview with the Vampire. I would glady let me bite me. Hell, I'd pay for him to bite me!


Stephanie G

Rain Maiden said...

Is Shadow of the Vampire in a series? It's going on my must read list. Micheal Corvin would be my number one bad boy vamp!

Robin K said...

I do not remember my first vamp. I have read so very many. I did notice that you left Mick St. John of the list.

http://media.canada.com/8c8b3290-2b08-4dc6-8e3e-2cc645fdfe05/080513_b_moonlight.jpg

He is my favorite :)

jeanette8042 said...

The first vampire to make my heart flutter was Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Cathy M said...

My love for vampires started out with Dark Shadows too, but Angel and Spike showed us that vampires could be young and sexy too. From there sprouted my love for vampire heroes in romance stories.


caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Meagan Hatfield said...

Wow, thanks for all the great comments. Okay, so I see I was remiss in omitting Spike. ;) I'll admit to liking his character a LOT. They way he fawned over Dru *sigh* I thought they were an awesome super villain power couple. But I never got him for Buffy.

I was uber bummed that I never got the chance to see Moonlight. It has that girl from Tristan & Isolde in it, plus a few friends swear by him...err, it. I'm going to have to Netflix one of these days.

Oh, and I thought Brad Pitt was great as Lestat. I just preferred the way Stuart portrayed him. What can I say, I'm a Stu gal. ;) Now, if I could have a top 15 list, Brad Pitt would be on it. lol!

Holy hannah, Stephen Dorff I’m totally on board with! How in the heck did I forget him? *slap* Bad Meagan! Lol!

Thank you, Anon for you lovely comments about Shadow of the Vampire! I'm thrilled you enjoyed it. :) Dragon Warrior is a story set in the same world. The other ones you might have found are older works and not related to this series.

And thank you all for commenting! Best of luck in the contest. :)

Chicks of Characterization said...

Hey Meagan! Since I can't win your book off my own blog, I figured I had better run over here and give it a try!! I cannot wait to get my hands on SOTV!And the vampire that I drooled over was Brad Pitt in Interview with the Vampire! oh YUMMY!!! :O) I wish you the best of luck and many, many sales!!!

Andrea!

donnas said...

Ir was definitely Keifer in The Lost Boys. Great list.

Chicks of Characterization said...

Ok, WAIT, Ian Somerholder is totally HOT and I knew I had seen his face before!!! He played Boone on lost!! OMG, yes, he is SMOKIN!! It didn't click until just now. Ok, I'm going off to bed now!! Hopefully will have pleasant dreams. :O)

Andrea

SandyG265 said...

I'd have to say Frank Langella when he did Dracula on Broadway

Rosie said...

Well, the first vamp that made my heart flutter was Angel . . . but he was soon replaced by big, bad Spike. (Swoon)

tetewa said...

I also have to go with Stuart Townsend as my favorite from Queen of the Damned! (HOT)!

Tresa said...

TrueBlood!!! :]