Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Lost Boys will never be lost

Was feeling nostalgic last night, so popped in THE LOST BOYS.  Haven't seen it in over a decade.  The movie stands the test of time, plot-wise.  Costume and hair?  That's another story.  But it's a fun visit back to the 80s.  And while some parts, that were evidently originally pretty scary, now seem very laughable, there are parts that still make me shudder and wonder what's going to happen next.  And one thing I noticed?  When the Frog brothers  go to slay the vampires in their lair, and they stake the little one (with that awful perm/mullet) and the dead vamp is spewing his bloody guts all over them...they emerge from the cave and the vamp spew is sparkling.  Seriously.  Like there was fairy dust mixed in with it.  I had a chuckle at that.  So maybe Meyers didn't originate the sparkly vampire?

Anyway, here's the trailer for THE LOST BOYS 3, which I know is being debuted at Comic Con, probably as you read this.  Looks like it'll at least be worth a rental.

1 comment:

Nicole_Hadaway said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Lost Boys. Not a fan of the sequels, but the original will always have a special place in my heart forever. Funny thing is, I still relate more to Sam and Michael, even today, though I'm now about the age of Dianne Wiest when she made the movie (and played their mom -- yikes!).