Monday, July 26, 2010

Review: Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost

ETERNAL KISS OF DARKNESS: #2 Night Huntress world
An immortal war has been brewing in the darkness...and now one woman has stumbled into the shadows.
Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she's only imagined in her worst nightmares.

At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master vampire who thought he'd seen it all. Then Kira appears - this fearless, beautiful....human who braved death to rescue him. Though her burns for her, keeping Kira in his world means risking her life. Yet sending her away is unthinkable.

But with danger closing in, Mencheres must choose either the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction. 



Deliciously romantic!  A must-read addition to Frost's ongoing series featuring sexy vampires.  The green-eyed Mencheres is just the vamp every woman has been waiting to meet, but Kira Graceling is the lucky girl who falls under his spell.


I enjoyed this story (even more than the first in the series First Drop of Crimson).  The characters were more relatable (yes, even the millennia-old vampire) and the emotions and motivations of the two main characters immediately reached out to grab you and suck you into the story.  Plan to sit up all night with this one, because once you dive into the breezy read, you won't want to stop until you reach that last page.


VampChix has a review copy of ETERNAL KISS OF DARKNESS to give away to one lucky commenter.  Have you read Frost before?  Which of her stories did you like best?  If you have not read her, what about the vampire romance genre attracts you the most?


Other Frost books you may find interesting:
      

15 comments:

Rain Maiden said...

I have read First Drop of Crimson..and loved it. Since you loved Eternal Kiss of Darkness even more..then I have to read it!!!! :)

Anilu Magloire said...

Oh, I cannot wait to see a more laid back Mencheres.

I have read all of Cat & Bones's books, of course! Also First Drop Of Crimson and I really liked it.

Thanks for the review :)

Lou Gagliardi said...

I haven't read Frost (or rather any of her books), so she'd be a new author for me.

That said, what attracts me to the vampire genre in romance is that unlike say a werewolf, a vampire's love is FOREVER. It's eternal. Even if the heroine were to die, the vampire will always cherish the time with her as something very special.

That appeals to me as a hopeless romantc. lol.

CrystalGB said...

Great review. I have several of Ms. Frost's books in my tbr. I would love to read this one.

Anna D said...

Tomorrow is circled on my calendar with a big red circle! My errands and housework are all caught up and I set aside $10 in the budget so I could read this book without delay or interruption (crossing fingers that kids want to sit out by the pool so mommy can read).

Chelsea B. said...

I've not read this author before (though I have the first in this series on my TBR shelf) but I've heard amazing things about her. I don't know what it is about vampires....but they definitely got it! :-)

Jenn said...

I haven't read anything by Jeaniene Frost yet. I love vampire romances because the guys always seem to be even hotter than human men!

Marilyn Adam said...

I have read them all - several times over. The fourth book is my favorite, but I have to say the first book (with the infamous Chapter 32) is quite a read!! Love this author and can't wait until tomorrow when Eternal Kiss downloads on my Kindle!

tetewa said...

This would be a new author for me. Paranormal and vampires are my favorite reads. I enjoy all the different authors takes on them.

van_pham said...

I have read Mrs. Frost Night Huntress series and loved it! The third book was my favorite 'At Grave's end'. I have read the first spin off too, that was pretty fun, first time reading about the supporting characters in the same world.

Carmen R said...

I have read all the books and can't just pick one as a favorite because they all rock.

mariska said...

I was so lucky that i can read the first 4 books of Cat & Bones's books. And i love all of them. I'm sooo looking forward to read another books from her ! ENter me in please.

uniquas at ymail dot com

SandyG265 said...

I liked the first Cat and Bones book the best.

angeleyesak said...

I haven't read frost...I'd have to say what attracts me to vampire romance is the eternal love. Also the element of forbidden love mixed with a little danger ; )

throuthehaze said...

I have not read Frost before but what I like about the genre is the eternal life aspect.