Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Guest artist: Delphine Levesque Demers

Such a treat today!  I'm excited to introduce you all to Delphine Lévesque Demers, fantasy and horror art.  I've been a fan of her art for a few years, and finally got around to ordering Delrick (my fav vampire from her collection featured to the left).  Looking at her work inspires me, and I know it will inspire you as well.  You can absolutely see the story in her art when looking over it.  Spend some time at her website.  Try to figure what story is behind each character, or make up one of your own.  Now here's Delphine...


Bonjour and welcome to my world! I am a self-taught fantasy and horror artist from Québec, Canada and I have been creating art since I first learned how to use a pencil. I have always been strongly attracted by mysterious creatures of all kinds, vampires being my favourites.
There is something extremely fascinating about vampires to me, both blessed and cursed with special powers and weaknesses, old souls dedicated to an obscure future, imprisoned with the memories of a human past. Each of my paintings depicts a story that comes from my inner self, I love creating characters that I dress up and blend in my own world; they tend to be modeled after me and my fiancé and muse Jason. To me, vampires rhymes with romance and I sure share the most precious love story with my man, this is one of my main inspiration as unlike most people, I have never read not even a single book in my entire life.
I am inviting you all to take a look at my website and travel through a gallery of beauty and fear, innocence and guilt, pain and joy. There you will also meet a very special character of mine named Zerick, a beautiful mystical vampire that has been following my thoughts and dreams for the past 20 years. Have a nice trip and thanks for looking!

Follow Delphine on her Facebook page!

Also find Delphine's prints and limited edition cards at her Etsy store.

She sells original paintings and prints at  her eBay store.

Find t-shirts, mugs, bags and more at her Zazzle store.

Crucify My Love

First In Flight


King Zerick


Le Portrait Du Vampire


Lord Chronos Killing Time


Moonlight Spirit


One Way Ticket To The Moon


Share The Darkness


We Will Find A Way In Time

4 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Pretty :D I love one ticket to the moon

Scare Sarah said...

Wow, they are amazing!

Anna D said...

I like the Graveyard Shift (from her site). It would be fun to have holiday themed cards that highlighted the fantasy vamps:)

Delphine Lévesque Demers said...

Hey! Delphine here! Thank you so much Michele for featuring me here, and thanks everyone for the wonderful comments! =) I'm glad you are enjoying my work and stay tuned for many more lovely vampires in a near future! ;-)