Wednesday, October 20, 2010

YA Vamps Update in The Morganville Vampires ~ FADE OUT

Fade Out (Morganville Vampires, Book 7)
Fade Out (Morganville Vampires, Book 7)

I've been reading the Morganville Vampires book series in between other books since I started it a little later than most and had the entire series ahead of me to read.  It has taken a little longer to read that way, but each time I pick it up, this time is was no exception, I enjoy the series even more.  Fade Out, book 7, is one of my favorites of the series, possibly just behind book 4, Feast of Fools as a personal favorite.  Now I am looking forward to reading book 8, Kiss of Death before book 9, Ghost Town comes out just around the corner!

For a series I didn't really think much of or know I'd enjoy, I've really come to love these characters and this vampire world that humans coexist within in this YA series that Rachel Caine has created.  In this book, Fade Out, the storyline was especially unique in the series so far by creating a villain and also victim that nobody suspected.  In fact, you aren't quite sure whether to hope they find this person in time or wish their own staking...   I mean, you don't mess with the Glass House and it's housemates, vampires or not!

I won't say much more than that, because I don't want to give anything away, but if you haven't read these books yet, or weren't sure whether to keep reading, I definitely recommend you do!  I'll leave you with this quote from the book:

"She was recording us. Her own little Big Brother reality show, with vampires." ~Michael, the Glass House vampire.

And here's a bit about what Goodreads has to say...

Goodreads synopsis:
Without the evil vampire Bishop ruling over the town of Morganville, the resident vampires have made major concessions to the human population. With their newfound freedoms, Claire Danvers and her friends are almost starting to feel comfortable again... 

Now Claire can actually concentrate on her studies, and her friend Eve joins the local theatre company. But when one of Eve's castmates goes missing after starting work on a short documentary, Eve suspects the worst. Claire and Eve soon realize that this film project, whose subject is the vampires themselves, is a whole lot bigger-and way more dangerous-than anyone suspected. 

Next in the series:
Kiss of Death (Morganville Vampires, Book 8)
Kiss of Death (Morganville Vampires, Book 8)

Coming out soon!:
Ghost Town (Morganville Vampires, Book 9)
Ghost Town (Morganville Vampires, Book 9)

Have you read them?  I'm looking forward to the next couple in the series, very excited actually so don't tell me what happens if you've read them, but let me know if you are reading or have read these books.  Also, what other YA vampire books are you reading?  Another of my favorites has a new one coming out, the next in the Blue Blood series so stay tuned for that one!

Happy reading!
~Shauna

Blog*Examiner*Twitter*Goodreads

2 comments:

SandyG265 said...

I've been reading The Morganvilel Vampire series between books too. The next one I have to read is Fade Out. Glad to know it's a good one.

Shauna Leigh Atkinson said...

Oh good, yay! Yes, it is definitely a good one! I hope you enjoy it too. Thanks for stopping by! :)