Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Looking for a guest reviewer!

VampChix has received a review copy of BLOOD OF THE WICKED by Karina Cooper, and we'd like to give one lucky commenter the opportunity to win the book before it's pub date of May 31st.  All we ask is you review the book for us here at VampChix before May 15th (you'll get the details after we send you the book).  You don't have to be a professional reviewer, but we would like a few paragraphs summarizing the story then a paragraph with your opinion on the book.  We appreciate honesty, but if you decide you don't like the story, then we'll look for someone else to review it because we don't like to do negative reviews here (but we certainly don't need them to be gushy, either).  :-)  [US only please.]

So here's your chance!  Does this story look interesting to you?  Want to give reviewing a try?  Tell us what intrigues you about this story and we'll pick a winner this weekend!

When the world went straight to hell, humanity needed a scapegoat to judge, to blame . . . to burn.
As an independent witch living off the grid, Jessie Leigh has spent her life running, trying to blend in among the faceless drudges in the rebuilt city. She thought she was finally safe, but now she's been found in a New Seattle strip club—by a hard-eyed man on a mission to destroy her kind.
A soldier of the Holy Order, Silas Smith believes in the cause: trawling the fringes of society for the murderous witches who threaten what's left of the world. Forced into a twisting web of half-truths and lies, he has to stay close to the most sensuous and electrifying woman he has ever seen and manipulate her into leading him to the witch he has to kill: her brother. Silas doesn't know that Jessie's his enemy, only that he wants her, needs her, even as he lies to her . . . and must protect her until his final breath.


Kelly said...

uuummmmm HECK YA!!!!!!

This is a new author to me. I love finding new authors. I would love a chance to do a review for you...

Kelly M


Sassy said...

Is this international?
I'd love to review this book sounds awesome! :)


robinky42 said...

I would like to review this book. I review for nightowl.

Katrina W said...

Well being a cover love kinda girl this is an added bonus ! the Title has me intrigued !!! of course the hotty on the front cover, gving us a tease of whats to come inside, and the blurb sounds great !! A new author is always great to come by, Would love to review this book .. I do have a blog ;) and do my own reviews for pleasure ;) thanks for the chance.. :)

MTater said...

Would love the opportunity to read the book. I have a blog called The Couch Tater Review.

Bo0kJunki3 said...

I want in. I would love to review this everything about this draws me in. The author is new to me and I love new, the cover is totally sexy and the blur sounds really good.
I also review on my blog The Bo0ki3

BADklv said...

What looks interesting about this story?
I love the fact that the book is about witches. I've read so many vamp books lately a story about witches sounds like a good change of pace. I'm a gal who loves a tale of good versus evil, especially when there is a spicy hot heroine and a hunky do-gooder involved. There's just nothing better!

It would be such an honor and privilege to be able to review Karina's debut novel!

Thanks for the chance!

Michele Hauf said...

So sorry I should have stated it was US only, please. I've added that now. Just considering postage, and wanting to get it to the winner as quickly as possible to allow for maximum reading time, no out of country this time around.

Rhiannon Mills said...

I can totally identify with these characters--judging by the blurb. One of the best relationships I've ever been involved in was with a guy that I absolutely hated at first lol. I like the plot. Would love to read more, though. I write reviews on and I'd love to review this one for you guys :)

Oh, and the cover is YUMMY!

Jolene Allcock and Family said...

Wow, this sounds amazing. I love coming across characters who are fighting that sexual attraction they are feeling. Enemies who can't fight that attraction, forced to work together. The blurb has me intrigued and now I have to know what happens when she finds out he wants to kill her brother. Bonus that this is in Seattle. I love coming across stories based in Seattle. I've been in California for almost 5 years now, but spent every summer with my father in that area. Coming across landmarks and things I recognize in a book brings me that much more into the story because I can actually picture the surroundings that the author is talking about and it makes it more vivid to me and brings me back to my childhood. Amazing giveaway, thanks for the chance


Amber said...

The story intrigues me with its promise of action and romantic conflict. I love paranormal romance books and don't mind which supernatural being or beings are involved. I haven't met a vamp, witch, shifter, or dragon I didn't like!

Amber M.