Wednesday, April 27, 2011

YA Vamps in Ghost Town, Morganville Vampires bk 9!

Hi all!  I know it's been a little while since we've had a YA book update.  I just recently finished Ghost Town, Book 9 in The Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine and WOW was it a good vamp read!  This series keeps on being one of my favorite vampire reads, YA or otherwise.  And...  Bite Club, MV book 10 comes out May 3rd, can't wait!!

Already out:
Ghost Town (Morganville Vampires, Book 9)

While developing a new system to maintain Morganville's defenses, student Claire Danvers discovers a way to amplify vampire mental powers. Through this, she's able to re-establish the field around this vampire-infested Texas college town that protects it from outsiders. 
But the new upgrades have an unexpected consequence: people inside the town begin to slowly forget who they are-even the vampires. Soon, the town's little memory problem has turned into a full-on epidemic. Now Claire needs to figure out a way to pull the plug on her experiment- before she forgets how to save Morganville...
For those who've been reading the entire series, this one has LOTS of Shane and Claire so that was lots of fun.  And there is a lot of chaos because most of the town's memories are set back about 3 years because of this machine that is set to protect the vampire territory and make people forget about the town when the leave, but instead makes everyone in the town forget the past few years.  It is quite interesting!  A must read on my vamp bookshelf anyway!!!  


And I finished it just in time, because the next one is almost out.  You still have time to read Ghost Town, book 9, and still be ready for Bite Club, book 10!  Ooh perhaps, VampChix's BiteClub reading group can read it some time!  :)


Out May 3rd!:
Bite Club (Morganville Vampires, Book 10)

After discovering that vampires populate her town, college student Claire Danvers knows that the undead just want to live their lives. But someone else wants them to get ready to rumble. 
There's a new extreme sport getting picked up on the Internet: bare- knuckle fights pitting captured vampires against each other-or humans. Tracking the remote signal leads Claire- accompanied by her friends and frenemies-to discover that what started as an online brawl will soon threaten everyone in Morganville...
So...what has everyone else been reading?  I have some other YA reads I'll be bringing you soon that I've also been catching up on.  I'd love to hear what everyone has read too.  You can also find me on Goodreads.


Happy vamp reading!
~Shauna Leigh Atkinson

2 comments:

Sue said...

i love these books....i got my copy of bite club today...yay!!!

Shauna Leigh Atkinson said...

Yay, me too! I FINALLY got my copy of Bite Club, just last week, reading it now. I don't know what took our bookstores so long. Yay!!