Thursday, June 30, 2011

YA Vamps in Bite Club, book 10 of Morganville Vampires!

After discovering that vampires populate her town, college student Claire Danvers knows that the undead just want to live their lives. But someone else wants them to get ready to rumble. 
There's a new extreme sport getting picked up on the Internet: bare- knuckle fights pitting captured vampires against each other-or humans. Tracking the remote signal leads Claire- accompanied by her friends and frenemies-to discover that what started as an online brawl will soon threaten everyone in Morganville...

This 10th book in the series definitely has a mouthful of bite! Bite, bite, bite!!!  I chewed through it thoroughly and enjoyed each bite so as not to miss a great fight scene or the strength of the characters continue to grow.  Claire does not completely fall apart when she finds out her boyfriend has joined a human - vampire fight club as you might expect in the usual YA read.  Instead she goes to work planning a way out, along with her friends of course.  

What really adds to the drama that is a slow draw or maybe a steady climb to the final scenes is that one of their very best friends ends up in the ring with Shane.  I mean, Rachel Caine really can write them!  Her plots get better with each book and just when I think, "What could this one possibly do to beat the next?" she goes and does it!  Chomp, chomp!  :)  

My respect for her as a writer and storyteller grows with each book.  I just love this series so much!  And, she hasn't lost me along the way or thrown me into a closet or maimed me for life.  Well, maybe some of her characters, but she has remained true to the overall camaraderie of the four friends and their quest to stay alive among the vampires.  And I applaud her for it still being an exciting ride even in book 10.  I hear there are at least a couple more to come in the series so I am literally biting my lip in anticipation of what is to come.  Don't bite me!  :)

I really can't say more... It's a must read, really, take a bite out of this one... do it!  Hm, I must be hungry.

So, now I'll be waiting until November 1st for bk 11, Last Breath!  

Oh my, that doesn't sound good for some one or thing, eek!  You can read sample chapters on Rachel Caine's website.  I'll be doing that very soon!  Sigh.

Happy Bite Club and Morganville vampire reading!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sounds like a great read, will have to put on my wishlist.

There is a new online book, Vampires Revealed available, supposedly written by a 3000 yr old vampire.