Tuesday, July 26, 2011

YA Vamps and more in City of Fallen Angels

There are YA vamps and more in the fourth book of The Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Clare.





















City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments, Book 4)

I soared through this book...L.O.V.E.D. it!

Oh, you want to hear more than that?  :)

This Goodreads description says it pretty well:
" 'He does make me happy,' Clary said. 'But he can't control everything in the world, Mom. Other things happen—' she fumbled for words; how could she explain that it wasn't Jace making her unhappy, but what was happening to him, without revealing what that was?" "In a world where everything went away from him eventually, she was one of the few remaining constants." Except for teasers, the fourth installment of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments romance fantasy has been strictly embargoed, leaving us clutching for word clues. A teen series that keeps readers on tenterhooks.

This fourth book in the series goes beyond battle of the previous books and deals with the aftermath of the big battle and what will happen with Clary and Jace.  And, now that we know what we know from books 1-3, how will it effect Jace.  And it deals a lot with Jace and the battle that is ahead of him.

Jace is fighting something very powerful, negative and downright scary when it comes to the final pages of this book.  I was left wanting book 5 immediately!  Oh Jace, my favorite of the series, is in mortal, peril and whatever other kind of danger you can think of.  Spiritual even?  Yeah, it's bad.  Really bad.

I can't wait for the next book to see how it all turns out.  I believe I've heard there will be 6 books total so we have a ways to go and Cassandra Clare releases them once a year-ish.  Maybe longer it seems...  She has other series going on as well.  That part, the slow TMI book releasing, sucks worse than a vampire.

Speaking of vampires, Sebastian comes back and he becomes something part vampire part demon and definitely part yuck.  Seriously, the visual image of this guy as I was reading was almost too much.  I can barely bring myself to rethink it to post now.  It's bad, like ghoulishly, devilishly bad!!

My favorite vampire of all in the series is Simon.  And he plays a part in all of this too.  Eeeek!  There was also a new vampire introduced and an old one made an appearance or two.  So actually, this book in the series is actually quite vampire-filled.  Simon is definitely involved and a part of it.  I won't say more!  Must read.  :)

And there are werewolves too!  Both old and new.  There's a surprise twist with the weres and somewhat involving Simon so it is action packed the entire book through.  My love of Jace's character almost made me forget it actually focuses on Simon a lot from the beginning as well.

My favorite quotes while reading this book were:

"I'm curious, but I'm not sure I'm that curious." ~Simon
"Love is a contradiction." ~Jace
"You are strong, you fight it, but it wears you down as the sea wears down the sand." ~Brother Zachariah to Jace
"Or maybe it's just that beautiful things are so easily broken by the world." ~Jocelyn, of Jace <3
"You are not trivial." ~Magnus
"You're all he ever wants." ~Alec

I found a cool website for information on these books at Mundie Source.  Fun!

Great story all around!  I definitely recommend.  Have you been reading this series too?  What other YA vampires have you been reading about.  I'm thinking about reading Cryptic Cravings, the latest of Vampire Kisses, by Ellen Schreiber pretty soon...
Vampire Kisses 8: Cryptic Cravings
I also have a couple other vampire stories I received for review so I'll share those soon too.  There are just so many good vampire books to read!  :)

Happy YA Vamp Reading from your YA VampChix-ster!
~Shauna Leigh Atkinson
blog*twitter*goodreads

No comments: