Thursday, August 25, 2011

Guest: Jeffe Kennedy

VampChix welcomes Jeffe Kennedy today with her hot, new vamp rom, FEEDING THE VAMPIRE.  She's got a copy of the book for one lucky winner, so show her some love in the comments!


I have a confession to make.
This is the first vampire story I’ve ever written.
It’s not that I don’t love vampires. I do. I’ve loved them since Louis agonized his way into my 11-year-old heart via the Science Fiction Book Club selection of the month. After that, I read every vampire story I could get my little paws on. For those keeping score at home, that’s over thirty years of vampire stories.
It should come as no surprise then, that I dreamed about Ivan. The opening sequence of Feeding the Vampire is straight from my dream. I still remember how it felt, his teeth, the blood draining away.
That’s the lure, isn’t it? The deep sensuality of being actual food for another creature – in a way that you can survive. That you can do again. And again. It’s the ultimate desirability, that he must have you to survive. In turn, you offer yourself to be consumed, give of your very life’s blood, the pain and the pleasure of it all.
In all those stories, over so many years, from so many imaginations, the vampires vary. Some are monsters, others “vegetarians.” They are urbane and wealthy. They’re scuttling parasites of the night. A writer friend of mine who doesn’t read vampire stories, but wanted to write one, asked me what happens when a vampire doesn’t eat. I don’t think she believed me when I told her there were as many answers to that question as there are vampire stories.
What I always come back to is the immortality. Vampires are humans who are made into something more, something immortal, for better or worse. Perhaps in some ways I’ll always go back to Louis, who never enjoyed his new life; to Lestat, who reveled in it; to poor, doomed Claudia. They will always be larger than life in my mind.
That’s how I like my vampires. 

Read an excerpt here.

Blurb:  Through good luck and healthy cowardice, Misty has survived the earthquakes that have torn the world apart, but has no skills to speak of. Or so she thinks. She does have blood, and someone must feed the vampire who has offered his protection and strength in exchange for sustenance. Feeding Ivan is a priority, and Misty finally serves a purpose. But when she awakens tied to his bed, an unwilling gift to Ivan from the townspeople, she discovers he has hungers other than blood. Hungers he expects her to satisfy in the most carnal manner. Under his seductive persuasion Misty discovers she has the power to sustain Ivan in all ways, while experiencing unspeakable pleasure herself.

Find Jeffe here:

14 comments:

Jeffe Kennedy said...

Thanks for hosting me here today. I'm looking forward to meeting all those Vamp Chix out there!

KAK said...

Aw, poor Louie who had too much soul to be a happy immortal.

Jeffe Kennedy said...

Tis true, KAK. *deep, existential sigh*

Laura Bickle said...

I was more of a Lestat fan, myself (the non-Tom Cruise literary version). He sorta had more of a grip on what he was.

ilona said...

I love all the varieties of Vampires I have read about over the last *mumblemumble* years but the immortality and the 'need your blood to survive' types are the best :D

Would willingly agree to change places with Misty ;)

Jeffe Kennedy said...

I agree, Laura - at least Lestat *lived* his life!

You're my girl, Ilona!

Lisa Kessler said...

I loved Lestat, but it was Marius who stole my heart... Gosh I had it bad for that vampire! LOL

DId you read Pandora? I loved that one so much I read it twice in a row! LOL

Did I mention I loved Marius? :)

Great blog Jeffe!!! And good luck with the new release! I need to go check it out...

Lisa

Cylver said...

I remember really liking Armand...

Kalex said...

Lestat FTW.

kaiodan@gmail.com

Jeffe Kennedy said...

Marius, Lisa - really? He always seemed like a fuddy duddy to me... But oh yes, I read them ALL.

Oh yes, Cylver - Armand! Forever branded in my mind as Antonio Banderas with long hair. *swoon*

Lestat is always a solid vote, Kalex!

SandyG265 said...

I like all kinds of vampires.

sgiden at verizon.net

Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks.

My blog:
dsl vergleich und dsl vergleich anbieter

Jeffe Kennedy said...

In a random drawing of your names on pink paper, my hubs picked Cylver!

Cylver said...

Awesome! Thanks so much!!