Monday, September 19, 2011

Guest: Amanda Greene

VampChix welcomes Amanda Greene today!  Her current vampire romance is CARESSED BY MOONLIGHT, and she's soon to release CARESSED BY NIGHT.

I have a secret I would like to share.
I’m hopelessly attracted to bad boys, from Michael Corleone to ruthless Blade.
I think that is the reason why I’m head over stilettos for vampires and write paranormal romance.
The attraction began innocently, as all do. I met my first vampire when I read teen vampire romance, Companions of the Night by Vivian Vande Velde. But it wasn’t until Aubrey, from Amelia Atwater-Rhodes’ book Demon in my View, that I fell in love with the sweetly tormented, seductive creatures of horror.
As I read more and more my tastes turned from young adult to pure romance. The first full-fledged paranormal romance I read was Christian Feehan’s Dark Magic. That book’s spine sports the most wear and tear on my shelf. The leading man, Gregori, is everything a vampire should be. He gives a girl the chills, triggered by both fear and passion. After devouring Feehan’s Dark series, I moved on to Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark Hunters, J.R. Ward’s Black Dagger Brother Hood, and many others.
So, who are my favorite bad boys?
Well, I’ve already listed two out of my top five all time favorite vampires. The third would be Anne Rice’s Armand. I love that Antonio Banderas played Armand in Interview With the Vampire – never seen a sexier vampire on the big screen.
Next would be Zsadist from the Black Dagger Brotherhood. He is savage, sinister, and alluring.
Number one would be Rehvenge, another of J.R. Ward’s leading men. Rehvenge is dangerously exotic, lethal, dark, powerful, confident, totally erotic, completely scrumptious, and pure sex. In my opinion, he is the ultimate bad boy – mafia and vampire all wrapped up in a sexy package. If he were real, my husband would have something to worry about. Though, truth be told, my husband was no saint before we met and I absolutely love my tall and sexy military man.
I write paranormal romance because I am drawn to the darkly seductive creatures of myth such as vampires. I want my characters to embody frightening beasts of folklore with a passionate, desirable twist.
Caressed by Moonlight is the first paranormal romance that I have published.  Dorian Vlakhos is a deliciously sexy vampire king. Tall, built, with dark hair and “…magnificent eyes. Those fathoms of blue (are) like the sea after a tremendous storm, piercing, penetrating, and exotic.” Dorian is the first bad boy featured in my Rulers of Darkness series and his book, Caressed by Moonlight, is currently available on Amazon, Amazon Kindle, Nook, and

Now, here is my question to you: Who is your favorite bad boy?

My current release, Caressed by Moonlight (Rulers of Darkness #1):
Dorian Vlakhos is no ordinary aristocrat. He is a vampire king, who will do anything to save his clan from complete annihilation, before an ancient curse can claim his immortal life.

Penniless and orphaned, Victoria Kingston has nothing to bring to a marriage, yet she must shackle an unsuspecting gentleman into marriage by the end of the month or forfeit her rights as guardian of her younger sister. With the help of her dearest friend, Victoria begins her hunt, and vows to stay far away from the dark, mysterious, Dorian Vlakhos.

After meeting the beautifully innocent Miss Kingston, Dorian had to have her. He would
do absolutely anything to make Victoria his. One sweet stolen kiss would bring them together while a force, more powerful than any vampire, would bind them for all eternity, but treachery, war, and death rule Dorian’s dark world and Victoria would be fortunate to survive.

            The Rulers of Darkness series:
            Book One, Caressed by Moonlight: Read Excerpt
            Book Two, Caressed by Night: Coming Soon

            You find me at:


            Facebook Fan Page


No comments: