Saturday, September 17, 2011

Review: THE RIFT WALKER: Vampire Empire book #2



VAMPIRE EMPIRE: BOOK TWO: THE RIFT WALKER by Clay & Susan Griffith.  If you can get past the gorgeous cover art long enough to read the story, you'll fall in love all over again with Adele and Greyfriar.  I confess I'm a cover-flipper-backer.  When I read, I like to keep looking at the cover, because the artist, I feel, perfectly captures what I think the hero and heroine look like. Kudos, to the PYR art department for creating such amazing covers for both the books so far in this series!
This second book in the Vampire Empire series continues the growing love story between the two protagonists, but it is more focused on the political dealings surrounding them.  Normally, my eyes glaze over reading stuff like that, but the Griffiths make it informative and interesting without ever overwhelming or taking away from the meat of the story, which is the exciting action scenes, the gorgeously-detailed settings, and the emotional connection between the main characters.
It seems an impossible task to write a sequel to the first book, The Greyfriar, but all I can say is, 'well done'.  And I look forward to the third in the series (which I hope we readers won't have to wait another year to read).
Beautifully rendered with touches of steampunk, adventure, horror, and romance, THE RIFT WALKER is a must read!

— Michele Hauf for VampChix


Stop back in tomorrow for a chance to win The Rift Walker!

4 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I am gonna start this one tomorrow, I just gotta finish the other book I am reading first :)

Rain Maiden said...

I love this series! Its a story no one should miss. Thanks for the post.

Vickie said...

I can't get over how well the covers match my mental images of the characters. I really cannot wait to read this. See you tomorrow!

Lou Anders said...

Thanks for the cover love. The artist is Chris McGrath and the designer is Grace M. Conti-Zilsberger.