Sunday, March 25, 2012

Review and Contest: Wanted: Undead or Alive by Kerrelyn Sparks

Anna here~ I've read and reviewed a few of the Love at Stake books so I thought you might want a different perspective on this clever and fun series. And because I love to share, we are giving away 1 copy of Wanted: Undead or Alive to one lucky reader!

Just leave a comment sharing your favorite funny paranormals for your chance to win. I like the Lyndsay Sands series featuring the Argeneau clan. This contest is open to U.S. residents only (damn shipping costs) and please make sure that a valid email is included in your profile. Good Luck!

Love at Stake book #12
ISBN# 978-0061958069
E-book price only $4.99!

He's a vampire from the big city . . .
Phineas McKinney thought New York City was tough, until he was attacked by Malcontents—evil vampires who consider mortals to be snacks. Saved by the good vampires, Phin swore to devote his now undead life to stopping the Malcontents. He's got his job cut out for him when word comes that their enemy may be hiding in Wyoming. What does a city boy like him know about horses and campfires? Good thing he's got Brynley Jones with him . . . if only she didn't hate every vampire on earth.

She's a werewolf princess . . .
Bryn believes vampires are seductive and charming, and that makes them dangerous. So she's more than a little annoyed about teaming up with Phin, even if he is the only bloodsucker able to make her inner wolf purr. But as they hunt down the new leader of the Malcontents, danger threatens . . . and Phineas and Brynley discover a passion that will rock the foundation of their supernatural world.

Jenny's review:
Phineas is a very popular vampire.  He is the so called Dr. Love, giving love advice to other vampires, and has recently become the Blardonnay guy, as he has done a commercial for a vampire blood cocktail.  He also works for a security company that is currently searching for a rogue vampire who is part of the same group of bad vampires that changed him.  Phineas is sent to Wyoming with none other than the girl who hates him the most... Brynley Jones.
Brynley is a werewolf who likes nothing about vampires, and is appalled that some werepeople and vampires have made lives together. But one thing is for sure, she cannot go home, because if her father finds out she is there he will force her into marriage with another werewolf. Can they work together to find this evil vampire and not hurt each other? Or will they find that maybe what they are looking for in life is right in front of them?
I thought that this book was a fun read.  It was very comical to me, in a good way. Sparks delivered some great connections to real life with her reference to Real Housewives, in the book there is a vampire who is going to do a show about the Real Vampires and tour their homes.  The fact that the main character is a stud who does commercials for blood mixed with alcohol, was hysterical to me and that his name is Dr. Love!  The characters in the book were also well developed in that you really get to know who they are and what they are about. The book also has action and adventure as they are hunting a vampire. Of course, there are a couple steaming love scenes thrown in as well for those of you looking for love. There is a really great ending that I don’t want to spoil, so I can only say that I was not expecting this type of ending and think that it, at least to me, added to the fun of the book and left me thinking how can that happen.  I honestly would consider this book a good choice for the adult reader who likes a little romance, action, and comedy.

Author website:
http://www.kerrelynsparks.com/index.html

Click here for a complete reading list.

*Read and reviewed by Jenny.
*This book was sent via the publisher for review.

12 comments:

donnas said...

I love the Argeneau series, the Love at Stake books and Katie MacAlisters series as well.

bacchus76 at myself dot com

Barb P said...

I think that my favorite funny paranorm right now is Charley Daniels from Darynda Jones's books! Her books are fantastic! Charley always has me laughing and Reyes always has me panting. Need I say more. I love Kerrelyn's books, and Wanted: Undead or Alive is on my wish list. Thanks for the contest. bpatrick64113@sbcglobal.net

Lorelei said...

Have never heard of this series. And I'm so ready for something that's fun to read.

I have read Lyndsay Sands, and she is comical!

Thanks for posting this interesting book and chance to win it (^; I live in good ol' USA.

Roni said...

I'm with Barb P. I just read First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones. It had me giggling many times. Thanx for the giveaway.
roni42@roadrunner.com

molly.frenzel said...

I really like Michelle Bardsley's Brkn Heart, Oklahoma series.

molly(dot)frenzel(at)gmail(dot)com

Cylver said...

One of my favorite writers is Molly Harper. Her Nice Girls series is a riot!

syltim@aol.com

June M. said...

I have to agree with Donnas. My faves are the Argeneau series (where I started), the Love at Stakes series (which I picked up b/c of a quote on the cover from Ms. Sands), and Katie MacAlister's Dark Ones. I have some others in my TBR pile but have not read them yet. I am hoping that I will enjoy them too. Some of them include Molly Harper and Ashlyn Chase. I have also wanted to try Michele Bardsley and Dakota Cassidy.

June M.
manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

Alicia0605 said...

I love Mary Janice Davidson's Betsy series. It just cracks me up when I read them!!
I love the Argeneau series and I adore the love at Stake series!!


aliciahall0605(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Barbara E. said...

Michelle Rowen's Love at Stake series and Lindsay Sands' Argeneau series are favorites, as well as Kerrelyn Sparks' books.

Barbed1951 at aol dot com

SandyG265 said...

I like Molly harper's Nice Girls series.

Jen B. said...

I have a lot of the books from the prior comments sitting in my mountain of books. As soon as I read the question I thought of The Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger. But, that's not really paranormal as much as UF (I think). jepebATverizonDOTnet

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

I loved the early books in the Lyndsay Sands series but the later books don't have as much humor as the early ones did.

(\___/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com

http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/