Monday, May 7, 2012

Children's Book Week!

I love books! Most people closest to me already know that, my poor husband accepts his fate and valiantly tries not to grimace when I declare that I MUST pick up just a few new books, and my children both understand that sometimes words must be repeated because mommy is reading...again. What I love even more than reading myself is when my kids fall in love with a good book. Last week was the first book of the Cirque Du Freak series by Darren son said it was way better than the movie, and that's high praise indeed!

So it is in that spirit that I'm sharing information about Children's Book Week.

In the About CBW section of the website it says that:

Established in 1919, Children's Book Week is the longest-running literacy initiative in the country. Each year, books for young people and the joy of reading are feted for a full week with author and illustrator appearances, storytelling, parties, and other book-related events at schools, libraries, bookstores, museums, and homes from coast to coast! 

Want all the details?

I poked around on the blogs and found a couple that are celebrating Children's Book Week with some seriously cool contests. Walden Pond Press is giving away the entire Walden Pond Press library! Check it out! You will find all the links you need to enter the blog hop, if that's your thing and you want to win lots of books. If you want to go directly to the hop source, click here and be magically transported to I Am A Reader Not A Writer. If hopping isn't your bag then celebrate the week by reading with a child. This week I have been instructed to find the next Darren Shan book and to finish The Hunger Games so we can see the movie.

No comments: