Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Vampires in the Movies Guest Blog by Lisa Kessler


Hi everyone –

Thanks for having me on the blog today!  I thought we might chat about movies.  Vampire movies. Yum! J

Dark heroes who have lived several lifetimes, fighting against loneliness and bitterness appeal to me.  The Lost Boys, Angel, True Blood, and Francis Ford Coppola’s Dracula are among my favorites.  I’m also a big fan of the Underworld movies, and I loved the new remake of Fright Night!  Who knew Colin Farrell would make such a deliciously bad vampire?

When I wrote Night Walker, it felt a little like watching a movie in my head.  Calisto looked and sounded a lot like Antonio Banderas in the Mask of Zorro, and Kate had a balance of spunk and vulnerability along the lines of Katie Holmes. The setting consisted of plenty of moonlit nights on a private beach in La Jolla, California, as well as a few other historic sites around San Diego.

As I typed out scenes late into the night, I could see the waves crashing on the beach, and a dark immortal man who faced endless night for the promise of a second chance at love and redemption. 

I wrote feverishly, struggling to be true to the “movie” playing in my mind, and I’m hopeful that readers will also feel swept away by the dark sensual romance of second chances and twists of fate and destiny.

Night Walker was just released in mass-market paperback last month and I’ve been getting emails asking if I thought there would be a movie.  Sadly I don’t have any movie news to share with you yet, but with any luck you’ll be able to “see” the story in your mind better than anything Hollywood could dream up!

Thanks for having me on the blog today!

So tell me, what are some of your favorite vampire movies and television shows?  Are there any vampires book you wish would be made into movies?

Lisa

I love to chatter online with readers so feel free to look me up!


THE NIGHT SERIES - Book One by Lisa Kessler

Title: Night Walker
Author: Lisa Kessler
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Book Description:

He gave up his soul for a second chance to love her…

Two and a half centuries ago, Calisto Terana lost everything when a zealous priest murdered the woman he loved. Now, desperate for another chance to love her, he wants redemption for the mistake that cost her life.

She’s haunted by dreams of her own death…

After catching her fiance with another woman, Kate Bradley returns to San Diego to clear her head. The last thing she needs is romance, but after meeting Calisto she’s drawn to him in ways she doesn’t understand.

They’ve waited in the shadows for centuries…

Calisto has no doubt Kate is the reincarnation of his lost love, but the Fraternidad Del Fuego Santo has a new watcher with dark ambitions of his own. As old enemies reemerge and a new threat arises, the betrayal that enslaved Calisto to the night might destroy the only woman he’s ever loved again.





a Rafflecopter giveaway

6 comments:

miki said...

Hi lisa,

The only tv show with vampires that i saw was buffy ^^;; and it i loved it at first soon i didn't find it interesting anymore

i would love to see the night huntress serie by jeaniene frost on tv ^^ cat and bones^^: now who are the actors good enough for them i don't know

all the best

Lisa Kessler said...

Hi Miki -

I wasn't a huge Buffy fan, but I LOVED the Angel series!!! Did you ever watch it?

It seemed more mature to me than Buffy...

I still haven't tried the Night Huntress series... I've heard great things about Cat & bones though!

Thanks for commenting!

Lisa :)

Roxanne Rhoads said...

what vampire tv show don;t I love ? LOL I watch The Vampire Diaries, True Blood (going to True Blood premier party Sunday woo hoo) and loved Buffy and Angel.

Lisa Kessler said...

I've been wearing all my True Blood shirts this week!!! Can't wait until Sunday!!! LOL

And Angel is probably my most favorite vampire tv show ever... Love it! :)

THanks for commenting Roxanne!

Lisa :)

Chelsea B. said...

Oh, gosh, don't even get me started on vampire shows! True Blood, Vampire Diaries, Buffy, Twilight.... I'm just a supernatural lover, to be honest
:-)
I would absolutely LOVE to see them make Kerrelyn Sparks' Love at Stake series into a tv show! There are so many wonderful characters-- it would be fantastic!

Lisa Kessler said...

Hi Chelsea -

Did you hear that Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters are getting a TV series too?

Lots of yummy immortals to watch...

I love Supernatural too!! :)

Thanks for commenting!

Lisa