Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Guest: Christine Wenrick

Please welcome Christine Wenrick today!  One lucky commenter will receive an eCopy of either book 1 or 2 in her Charmed Souls series!


Greetings Vampire Lovers! First off I would like to thank Michele and Vamp Chix/Bite Club for having me here today to talk about my latest release, The Charmed Souls. It is the second novel in my contemporary paranormal trilogy, and it’s loaded with vampires and other yummy Alpha male goodness that I know all of you Vamp Chix can really appreciate.

For me, there is nothing better than an involved story with a heroine that is discovering her inner strength while dealing with a truckload of Alphas. But not just any alphas . . .  I like the ones who have been forced to adapt because of their circumstance. That’s what makes the paranormal genre so perfect for me as a writer. I love a good tale about a rough Scottish laird, or an unsavory rake from Regency just as much as the next gal. In fact, some of my favorite authors write these books. But paranormal gives you the opportunity to create, live and dream in a heightened world that takes you completely out of reality and the doldrums of ordinary life. The heroines must be stronger to survive and the heroes are just plain protective and seemingly made of steel . . . and can even be a little growly while doing it. Who doesn’t love that?

So tell me readers . . . How do you like your Alphas? Alpha hard core from birth? Alpha by circumstance? Or Alpha just because they know it?

For fun, I’ve copied an excerpt below from The Charmed Souls.

As Kane stood there, I could sense a naughtiness about the man. I was guessing he could effortlessly visualize any woman naked . . . which was exactly what it felt to me he was doing at the moment. “Easy, man,” Kane responded with a lazy drawl, “I was just having a little fun checking out my new charge. I hadn’t planned on shifting back in front of her, but you had to come thundering in, as usual.”

Alec slid his cool gaze back to Lucas. “What does he mean new charge?

Lucas cleared his throat a bit uncomfortably. “Kane told me just before class,” Lucas replied. “He’s been assigned to our team.”

“No he hasn’t!” Alec snapped sharply. Evidently, there was no love lost between the two men. Kane crossed his arms over his broad chest in challenge, his wavy, dark locks falling loose over his forehead, an effect that seemed to only add to his naughtiness. Oh, I would definitely have to stay away from this man. There probably wasn’t a Dhampir he met that he didn’t try to have beneath him in
minutes.

“I have,” Kane reiterated. “Assigned by your uncle, in fact. It seems he appreciates my rather obvious talents.”

Alec’s lips literally snarled. “Don’t get comfortable. It won’t stick.”

But I was surprised to see Lucas’s eyes glittering with amusement behind him, almost as if he found the whole situation entertaining. “Now, now, boys. Fu—” Lucas began, then restarted himself after slicing a quick glance to me. “Forget the past. There’s no reason we can’t all work together.”

“This has to be a joke, right,” Alec pressed. “He can’t be assigned to her. He can’t even keep his hands to himself with normal women.”

I inhaled quickly, instinctively taking issue with the implication that I was not normal.

“Sorry,” Alec whispered over his shoulder.

I stepped around Alec, surprised to see the extreme tension and hardness in his jaw. He clenched his fist at his sides and cast a gaze of fire at Lucas. Lucas just shrugged his shoulders. “Don’t look at me, man. I’ve got my own problems.”

“OK, enough!” I grumbled, pushing in front of Alec and stepping before the hedonistic, shape-shifting force known as Kane, positive I heard mumbled curses behind me. “Hello, I’m Olivia. It’s nice to meet you . . . I think. But if you ever shift back naked in front of me again, you’ll find yourself crumbling from a hard knee to those very private parts.”

His scorching gaze slid over me from head to toe. Under that gaze, my clothing seemed pointless. “I’ll consider myself warned,” he replied lazily, then added, “But what if I’m not shifting? What if I’m just walking around naked?”

Oh yeah . . . A very naughty boy.


Please visit me at www.christinewenrick.com or
Twitter: Christine Wenrick @CWenrick

Blurb for The Charmed Souls (The Charmed Trilogy, #2):

Olivia Ann Greyson is a Charmer, a Dhampir with the power to lure the supernatural world’s most dangerous of creatures – and she’s in an impossible situation. She must leave behind Caleb Wolfe, the strong, protective vampire she has fallen madly in love with, in order to learn how to protect herself from the vampires, shifters and demons that will be drawn to her for the rest of her life.
Human Guardian, Alec Lambert, has been assigned to see to Olivia’s training by the organization he belongs to, which is known simply as The Brethren. He takes Olivia to the group’s stronghold in the mountainous regions of Alberta, Canada, where she discovers the answers to her family’s painful past and the extent to which those hunting her will go to capture her. But she also uncovers many secrets and even more questions about this mysterious group she has trusted to protect her – secrets that will have her fighting to get back to the man she left behind.
. . . but will it be too late?

3 comments:

SandyG265 said...

I like alphas who are alpha because of circumstances.

Cylver said...

I agree, alpha by circumstance. Nothing's more fun than seeing a character discover his Inner Alpha!

bn100 said...

I like alphas in any way.

bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com