Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I'm Breaking Up With Being Human

As a fan of the original UK version of Being Human I was skeptical when the SyFy channel decided to create their own version, but as an open minded person I vowed to give the show a chance. Well, my chance has ended. Last night was pretty much it for me.

Aidan is just too unhappy, too angsty, too wimpy for me. He takes hating his existence to a whole new level. He has passed up trying to be human and traveled into the realm of complete annoyance. So you need blood to survive and a virus has been knocking off vampires for months...so hunt up a healthy human and get over it already! Life is looking a little bleak at the moment...suck it up, literally!

Don't even get me started on the trainwreck that is Sally, resident former ghost and current reanimated corpse. She repeatedly makes horrible decisions and seems incapable of learning from them. Her life is a mess, more than I thought possible for a person that has the benefit of knowing what's on the other side. What a waste of a second chance.

I'm sorry Being Human (US) but I can't watch another minute.


Michele Hauf said...

I could never get into this one at all. Gave it a few eps, then gave up. I just gave up on the UK version because the original cast is all gone, and well, I still miss Aiden Turner!

Mary Anne Gruen said...

I liked the original UK version, but fell away from it. I've been trying to get into the US version. I couldn't get into last night's episode for pretty much the same reasons that you note and ended up changing the channel. I think it's over for me too.

Cylver said...

What I loved most about the UK series was the fact that the characters were so against type: a vampire who wasn't a reclusive hermit, but instead loved life, a gentle werewolf, and (my favorite) a ghost who, even though she was murdered, still retained her bubbly optimism. By comparison, the SyFy vampire is too "vampirey" to be believed and the ghost is always depressed (surprise, surprise!) Only the werewolf is anything like his UK counterpart.

I agree, I miss the old UK cast as well, especially the lovely Aidan Turner, but I do like the new cast too.

Anonymous said...

I have been disappointed in this series this year. Sally is just an idiot and the used to be wolf is a pissy whiney bitch.
I can't stand these two characters.
I used to look forward to Monday nites, now I look forward to them but that's because of Lost Girl and the Following.

Anna (Bite Club) said...

I'm behind on Lost Girl, but only because I wanted my husband to watch with me. And I am absolutely hooked on The Following! Brilliant show with an excellent cast. I'm trying to figure out if I have the time to post little mini reviews each week because I would love to chat with other people about it, float theories etc. By chance did you watch Cult last week? What a trip! I'm still on the fence about it but I've added it to my DVR until I have decided.