Saturday, May 25, 2013

If you are in Phoenix...

 If you are in the Phoenix area this weekend, the Comic Con is a must attend type of event. I am insanely jealous, almost to the point of having a full scale tantrum, that I am sooooo close and still can't go. No joke, after I found out that Delilah S. Dawson was going to be there (everyone knows that I am practically a stalker about her Blud books) I literally stomped my feet and pouted like a baby. I pulled a total "it's not fair" moment. First, I miss attending the RT convention because I haven't won the lottery yet, and I review for them even, but now this! I've already declared that next year I am going to this Con...or else!

Why am I missing this awesome opportunity to wear corsets and goggles, get a bunch of books signed, and meet my favorite author, you ask? I blame it all on responsible parenting. Miss Monster just finished the school year (hooray), but in a bit of idiotic thinking Mr. Monster's school thought it would be a good idea to have finals after Memorial Day. Seriously, who does that?

So needless to say, I am completely bummed out.
That doesn't mean you should forgo attending Phoenix Comic Con. No sir. In fact, I would love to hear from readers that have attended this con, or some other awesome steampunk/book signing/comic loving event.

2 comments:

Sharon Stogner said...

I will be going sometime in the future too! My partner over on I Smell Sheep lives in CA so she is there! She went last year too. I am so jealous! She texted me about all the fun. I gave her a list of authors I want her to get signed swag from (for me and for our readers ).

Anna (Bite Club) said...

Some friends of my husband went and updated us thru FB all weekend long. They did the entire shebang, including the Babylon 5 photo op. It looked like a great time and I will definitely be going next year, unless we get orders. I'm not expecting that to happen so next year I plan on going to both the Tucson con that is very small, and then the Phoenix con. We should organize a blogger meet and greet, like at the nearest Starbucks or something:)