Thursday, June 6, 2013

Updates, do-dads, and news

I spent some time updating the blog today. It was a long overdue task that I've been putting off for ages because technology and I are not always on the best of terms. Actually, I'm just not that computer savvy so I dread messing with things. My goal today was to transfer over some of the best bits from the now stagnant Bite Club blog, which should have been done when I merged over, but like I said...not my favorite thing to do.

Today, I transferred over the rules from Bite Club, which I always loved and my plan for that is to hold a contest soon for the fifth rule. My shelves are overflowing with books so that seems like a fun way to clear them off. Stay tuned for details.

Other additions include: updating author and blog lists, adding some rather attractive gents to the sidebar, and fiddling with the review policy (not quite done) and welcome. I'm still brainstorming for a clever welcome that encompasses both the paranormal books and TV, but also indicates our other interests, like superheroes, Dr. Who and comics.

My brain was far too tired for anything else because I stayed up late reading, and finishing, Entwined With You. I love Gideon and Eva in a way that I can't adequately describe, but I am curious about one thing: Is this the book Sylvia Day originally wrote when the series was set to be a trilogy, with some of the new developments meant to be resolved in this book, or did the publishers demand changes when they added 2 books to the series, and these developments were added to create drama for future books? I'm not criticizing, more like I'm just really curious.

And now I must finish watching Harry Potter pt. 6 with my son, and wrangle up some dinner.

Happy Reading~Anna


Mina Lobo said...

Sounds like you've had a productive day and have earned the right to chillax with your little one and HP. Enjoy!
Some Dark Romantic

Anna (Bite Club) said...

It was good to have a productive blog day because often, these things are what fall by the wayside when life gets to busy. I'm determined to keep up with the things that bring joy and pleasure, and not push my needs to the side quite so much. You need the good to combat the bad, ya know?