Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Next Doctor- We May Find Out on Sunday!

The mystery we have all been trying to solve is about to be revealed. The next Doctor is supposed to be announced on August 4th!!
The rumors are flying. The official announcement for the program, entitled Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor, is expected to come at midnight tonight, but it seems that some BBC employees have let some secrets slip already.

"We can’t wait to unveil the next Doctor with everyone live on BBC1 on Sunday night. Amongst all the speculation and betting, there has been lots of fun and intrigue at work as we’ve been using the codename Houdini as a decoy! It’s the biggest secret in showbiz, even those working with the new Doctor on other projects at the moment have no idea they are in the presence of the 12th incarnation." - Ben Stephenson

Even Stephen Moffat seems to be confirming- "The decision is made and the time has come to reveal who’s taking over the TARDIS. For the last of the Time Lords, the clock is striking twelve.’Moffat and Smith will both give interviews during the show, commenting on the role and what they believe it takes to play the Doctor.Fans in America will be able to watch the unveiling live via simulcast on BBC America." – Steven Moffat

Is this really it?? There have been rumors in the past about expected announcements, and they turned out to be nothing. Moffat is notorious for leaking fake information, as well. But, this looks promising. Fingers crossed!

Sources- Doctor Who TV
                ATV Today

**Update- It's confirmed! BBC America will air it live, and it will be 2pm ET, simultaneous with the UK (7 pm for them)
Here's a link to the teaser for the show.

**Update Update!! And the next Doctor is Peter Capaldi


Amiee Ryan said...

I'm a complete Doctor Who fan-girl! :D I'm of the Christopher Eccleston generation of Doctor Who fans but have watched older series! Matt I <3 him he is my favorite Doctor! I'd heard rumours that Peter Capaldi was gonna be the 12th Doctor so I was expecting it watching the live show on Sunday, yeah he's old compared to recent Doctors but I'm willing to wait until I see him in the series,see what he'd be like as the Doctor before casting judgement on him :) My friend doesn't like him but I didn't like David Tennant when Eccleston regenerated I was like "ugh look at him, he's not the Doctor" lol but he ended up being one the best Doctors :D I am counting down the days until the 50th and seeing 10 and Rose back! Chrsitmas is going to be horrible watching 11 regenerate :( But I'll probably forgive Moffat by New Years when SHERLOCK is back :D

SkyRhino said...

Nice to meet you, Aimee. I am a Tennant girl myself, but I love Matt too. I am looking forward to Capaldi, but sad to see Matt go. (Especially at Christmas! Sob!)Capaldi is a long-time Whovian, and he has had roles on the show- Fires of Pompeii episode, and he was on Torchwood, so his nerd cred is definitely solid. I can't wait to see how he plays the Doctor!