Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tucson Festival of Books

Once again, I have to let you know about an amazing event coming to this area.
This is a truly unique festival. It is for anyone who loves to read, or wants to write, or has written and wants to get published. The Tucson Festival of Books- this is no dinky little small-town festival. This is a huge event, and major authors are coming to participate! Oh, and it is free. So get out here!

Tucson Festival of Books, Home Page

There are hundreds of authors coming. So many, I will not even put a full list on here, but if you want to see it, check it out here:

However, I do want to mention some of the well-known names that are expected.
  • Scott Turow
  • J.A. Jance
  • Alice Hoffman
  • R.L. Stine
  • Andrew Weil
  • Richard Russo
  • Anne Perry
  • Elizabeth Lowell
  • Lois Lowry
  • Aprilynne Pike
And that is just a tiny sampling of the author list!

Events are running in multiple locations through Saturday and Sunday, so there is a panel schedule in convenient chart form, so you can plan your days. Find it here:

And there are other happenings. There will be food, crafts for kids, story readings for the little ones, cultural presentations, music... there is a little something for everyone.

Image via Arizona Daily Star

The weather is expected to be beautiful, so come on out and share your love of books!


Michele Hauf said...

I'd be stalking Alice Hoffman!

Anna (Bite Club) said...

I missed out this year...caught a stomach bug the night before and apparently I'm too stingy to share my germs. People will thank me later.

However, I've heard from several friends that this year was another big hit. Yea, Tucson!