Monday, March 10, 2014

Window, Paris Secrets #1, Review


Window, Paris Secrets #1, by Michele Renae

Book Description:

"An erotic romance behind glass

The first time she sees her new neighbor, his sexy smile arouses her curiosity -- and her desires. His hard, chiseled muscles and playful invitations are irresistible.

Bared before their windows, framed and displayed above the streets of Paris, they embark upon a provocative affair.

Their daring game of exhibitionism lures her back for more and more, and she quickly realizes he is the man she has dreamed about.

Yet she's never heard his voice. Never felt his touch. Never thought she'd experience something this exquisite.

Or this bold...

Paris Secrets
Do you dare?"

Angie's Review:

 I have read some romance, although admittedly, it's not my main genre. I'm more of a horror, sci-fi, fantasy girl. (As is evident by the types of books I typically review here. Anna reads more of the romance.) So I had actually never read an "erotic" novel before. The premise of 50 Shades of Grey, to me sounded like 50 Shades of Meh. So, I am a complete newbie here. But I've been writing here for a while now, and just as I have been trying to bring some variety to Bite Club, I have also been turned on to (pun intended) some other types of books that I had previously bypassed. So, when Michele Hauf, Bite Club's founding author, wrote an erotic novel under the pen name, Michele Renae, I was intrigued. I thought I'd give it a go. And just so we have full disclosure, I was not asked to do a review of the book, I purchased it on my own, and although Michele Hauf has ties to Bite Club, obviously, I don't personally know her. So this is just my honest review.

The verdict was- I liked, it I really liked it. I'm like Mikey eating Life cereal. Who knew?

I found the main character relatable- she's nerdy, but cute- sometimes awkward, and she tends to over-think everything, and that causes her a lot of problems. The nameless neighbor is so delightfully sexy and sweet. They have a relationship with each other through glass, performing for each other in ever more daring ways. But she is unsure of whether or not she wants things to go any farther, so she sets down some rules. No names, no speaking to each other if they happen to meet on the street. He agrees and continues to respect her boundaries even as the desire between them is building to an almost unbearable apex. 

And of course there is a lot of sex. Except, this is probably pretty unique for an erotic novel in that, the two lovers never actually touch. They play the voyeurs, and they build the lust and the anticipation and excitement by drawing out their courtship, and finding creative ways to communicate what they want from each other. And, ahem...yeah...it's pretty hot.

My only disappointment was that I desperately wanted them to finally get together face to face by the end, and they don't...not yet. There is a book two. I have mixed feelings about this. It's part, "Why? Why? I wanted her to just forget the rules and go to him!!" and part, "Ooooh...more sexiness in more books? That doesn't sound so bad."


So there you have it. I'm going to have to read another erotic novel. I can see how this might become an addiction. I suppose there are worse things.





1 comment:

Michele Hauf said...

Thanks, Angie! Glad you liked it!