Tuesday, July 8, 2014

True Blood S7E3 (and a bit of 2) Recap


Hey there Truebies!  Sorry for the absence last week.  I was on vacay and unable to watch episodes 2 and 3 until last night.  Before I jump into the recap for episode 3 I just want to say a few quick things about episode 2.  *takes deep breath*  Damn you dream sequence, someone needs to take out Lettie Mae already, Arlene freak outs are THE BEST, why did that journal reading feel like a scene out of Masterpiece Theater, Sookie is still acting like she's #TSTL and a big way to go Jess for putting Andy in his place.  In other words:


Anywhoozle, let's jump into the recap for episode 3, shall we?  
  • Will the world ever be rid of Sarah friggin' Newlin?!  Is it just me or does anyone else feel like punching their TV screen when her face shows up onscreen?  Can anyone explain why they've kept this broad around?
  • Major props to my girl Jess for helping Adilyn and for her all around badassness.  I'm really liking that she's coming into her own.  If they kill her off I'm going to riot.
  • FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, WHY DID THEY HAVE TO BRING BACK A SICK ERIC.  *Ahem*  Sorry.  I'll try to calm myself.  But seriously folks, was that necessary?  First Pam loses a progeny and now she's probably going to lose her maker?  *sigh*  I can't even deal.  The only redeeming thing about this is that he seemed to perk up a bit at the idea of hunting down Sarah Newlin.


  • On a side note, what's up with The Authority story line that was threaded through this episode?  Any ideas about where that whole thing is going?
  • Poor Willa.  Eric leaves her high and dry and then she gets stuck dealing with Lettie Mae.  Talk about drawing the short straw.  I liked the chat between her and Reverend Daniels though.
  • For a second there I thought Sam was done for.  Then I thought about it and I don't know that I would've been all that upset about it.  *shrugs*
  • Oh Lafayette.  Playing with fire (or James) is going to get you burned sweetheart.  Side note: The James from this season IS NOT the same James from last season.  How did I miss that!?


  • Ding Dong! Maxine is dead. Which old hag? The Wicked hag!  Ding Dong! Maxine is dead.  #thatjusthappened  Thank you Violet.  Thank you very much.  However, I'm upset that they shot Jess.  You will all pay dearly for that.  *shakes fist*
  • I am officially inducting Sookie into the #TSTL Hall of Fame.  Her BRILLIANT plan is to sit in the middle of the woods as vamp bait with Bill as her protector?!  ARE YOU F$@&ING KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW?!  Someone please slap the stupid out of her.
  • The whole gunfight at the Okay Corral scene that ensues when Jess, Jason, Andy and Violet show up to save the day was bad enough but, was that enough for HBO?  Noooooo, of course not.  They had to end the damn episode by KILLING OFF ALCIDE.

R.I.P. you sexy beast

And there you have it ladies and gents, episode 3 in a nutshell.  I hate to say it but, I have this weird feeling that they're just going to pick off beloved characters until everyone is dead.  Maybe that's a bit dramatic but, it's how I feel.  #comejointhepityparty  Okay, okay enough.  Let me end this post with one of my favorite quotes:

“Y’all, I know I've had some pretty shitty luck and it probably ain't too reassuring to be in a situation this f$@&ed up with me at your side, but that is why you gotta believe me when I tell you that I did not survive four lousy husbands, a serial killer boyfriend, and the sorta suicide of my love Terry to die in the dingy basement of a f$@&ing vampire bar.” -Arlene

I leave you with a link to Jessica's blog and the preview for next Sunday's episode.  Thanks for stopping by!  See you next week.


Baby Vamp Jessica
Check out Jess' latest blog entry


6 comments:

Stacy McKitrick said...

I was soooooo upset they killed of Alcide. If this weren't the last season...

Grumble, grumble.

Jen D. said...

@Stacy - LOL! You'd riot? Because I'd definitely riot.

Stacy McKitrick said...

I could probably be convinced to join a riot group. :)

Jen D. said...

@Stacy - Woot! Love when I can find a fellow co-conspirator. ;)

Rain Maiden said...

Can't wait to see who they kill off next week. :p What I don't get, is why Sam is not out there looking for his pregnant girl friend. Can't Sam turn into a blood hound and sniff her out?

Jen D. said...

@Rain Maiden - The thought never crossed my mind. That's actually a really good idea.