Thursday, April 23, 2015

It's all about the books


One of these days I'm gonna get to one of these conventions, especially since I've been reviewing for them for a couple of years now, and the more I hear the more jelly I get about missing out. Not flattering, but true all the same. So many books and authors all in one place! It's almost too much to hope for!

My other drawback to attending, besides trying to leave town during the school year, is that I am incredibly shy around strangers which makes talking to authors an awkward experience all around. Seriously, it's quite an overwhelming idea for me which is probably why I blog and review, if you think about it. I get to talk with people about books without managing the crowded rooms that come with book signings and conventions. I would just hate to embarrass myself by going all fangirl or not knowing what to say. Anyways...I'll get over it because I really, really want to go!

The 2015 Convention is only a few weeks away and I would love to hear from anyone that plans on attending. Feel free to share your expert tips or talk about the authors you're most looking forward to.

All the deets can be found here.

2 comments:

Michele Hauf said...

You just described me. Awkward and very shy around strangers, even people I know. And then to be put in a crowd of hundreds and have to smile and chat and be sociable?
But if I can do it, you can do it. ;-)

Anna (VampChix) said...

I imagine it's much worse for an author to be shy and awkward since attending means signings, panels, and whatnot. At least I can wander around in relative obsurity. I'm seriously considering attending next year though, social issues be damned:)